hockey

lhousesoccer

Although i find it refreshing that he is a stand up goalie in a league of butterfly goalies who play 95% of the game on their knees,and he is usually so good with the puck he is like a 3rd defenceman,i'd be lying if i said i wasnt nervous every time a puck was shot in his direction.

I'm pretty sure LOU will be getting the next starts unless he plays soft.

maybe it was miller's astounding performance that made broduer's look so poor, but there wasn't alot of understanding folks in the group i watched with. what was with his stick between his legs in the fourth goal? never seen that before.

and by the way its our right as canadians and as sports fans to carp and moan about our athletes. that is what the post is about is it not?

Hats off to the USA for getting in front of the net and frustrating Brodeur to the point of making mistakes. Sure Canada was all over the Americans but not rushing the net, Millar had clear view of 95% of the shots making his job alot easier. The only way to beat a hot goalie is to get in his face, hats off to the American defence for keeping the Canadian forwards away from the front of the net. Canada for one reason or another is doing a terrible job of controling the front of the net, the goalies in this tournament are the best of best if they can see the puck coming there going to stop it.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Liimp wristed, poorly aimed attempts most of them.

I'd expect miller to block all of my 45 shots on net.....

Miller made probably 5 highlight reel worthy saves in one game. And Brodeur LOST the game for us on our end.

In my eyes one goalie won the game for his team, another lost it.

I totally agree, and Green and phanuf may have been a smart pick also, I still do not understand how these players aren't here.

Amen brother.

Green, St. Louis, Lecavalier, Carter and Stamkos should all be there.

As for last night's game.....if Brodeur didn't handle the puck...Canada wins hands down.

He cost us 2 goals by trying to be Sami Sosa.

I love Marty to death and is by far the best goalie to ever play the game...but you're job is to STOP pucks dude not CLEAR them out of the zone.

Kudos to Miller, he made key saves when he had to.

I'm just glad this happened in the round robin, and not the medal round.

We just have a tougher road to the GOLD than we had hoped!

I believe!

I still don't understand why Brodeur got the start in the first place. Should've let Fleury get the start, then you could at least get a good impression as to who the best goalie on your squad is. How many important games(read playoffs) have Luongo and Brodeur won in the last two years? Maybe Babcock has it out for him because of last year? Luongo got a shut out this Olympics, granted. But at the same time, he wasn't really tested and is, IMO, not the best goalie on the Canadian side. Neither is Brodeur. The best goalie is heating the end of the bench. IF anything, Babcock should've seen the read that the US squad had on Brodeurs play early on and made the switch at 2-0. Whatever, I hope they dont grip their sticks too tight on Tuesday...

Don't Panic Boys, look at the bright side, we get to play more Hockey, the Russians now have to play us. As far as blaming Pronger Thornton and Bradeur, I still think they were good choices, if you ask me, half the team could use more heart. I bet you if they get to play again, they will shine. Canada out played them big time, besides the penalties, bad goals, it was Canadas game. Dont Panic

Green, St. Louis, Lecavalier, Carter and Stamkos should all be there

ok so to make room for these guys who do you leave off? Crosby? Nash? Iginla? Getzlaf?There are many great players in Canada. You could obviously make 2 or even 3 teams that could win a medal..unfortunately you can only enter 1 team.

ok so to make room for these guys who do you leave off? Crosby? Nash? Iginla? Getzlaf?There are many great players in Canada. You could obviously make 2 or even 3 teams that could win a medal..unfortunately you can only enter 1 team.

lucky for the world we can only enter one team....well unless your talking about our bobsleigh teamS

Perry and Getzlaf immediately spring to mind. Green for Niedermeyer is also fair. Lecavalier isn't the same guy he once was. Mind you, neither is Brodeur but... :rolleyes:

Perry and Getzlaf immediately spring to mind. Green for Niedermeyer is also fair. Lecavalier isn't the same guy he once was. Mind you, neither is Brodeur but... :rolleyes:

Mark my words ...dont count Perry out...something great is going to come out of him during these Olympics....