A few days from last week

limeyangler

Hi all,

Went out three times last week, Shoal Lake (lake of the Woods) for whitefish with lew, Paul, Glen and Mark, then Dore Lake a couple of times on my own.

The whitefish trip to Shoal lake is now a tradition for me since glen took me there 2 years ago...this was our third trip out together and by far the slowest day of the 3. We hit the same marks as previous years and caught some really nice whities , a ton of cisco/tulibee/herring which we will use for pike in the spring and Paul hooked into a beauty 38" Northern Pike. The fish were in 40'-60' FOW, not many suspended fish....mostly coming off the bottom to smack the bait ten feet up. The whities were really fussy that day...and everyone changed bait tactics numerous times to try to induce a bite....they were there in numbers...just being really picky and hard to entice.

Here's some video and pics from the day...........

SHOAL LAKE VIDEO

A FEW PICS FROM OUR DAY ON SHOAL LAKE

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

LOVE THIS PICCY>>>>LOOKS LIKE PAUL SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUSTED>>>>LOL

IMG_0028.jpg

After that i had a 2 day break from fishing then hit a couple of Local lakes 2 days in row. First off was a trip to Dore lake.....only had about 2 hours 2 fish...but the bite was on and despite having to wait a while for the bite when it came my quota for supper took 15 minutes....no huge fish...but all around 16"...perfect eaters!

WHEN THEY BITE....IT DONT TAKE LONG

SUPPER!!!!

IMG_0072.jpg

The next day i headed out to Eagle Lake, it was a much slower 2 hour session with one missed bite and then my PB walleye of 25" (pb whilst ice fishing). I did not even bother to try and record a video of the catch...she was full of eggs and i got her back down the hole ASAP to complete her yearly business and provide me with generations of walleye for many years to come... hopefully.

MY PB WALLEYE THROUGH THE ICE

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0090-1.jpg

KIND OF PROPER FOR EAGLE LAKE'S NAMESAKE TO MAKE AN APPEARANCE

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

Excellent pics and video Simon. That is such a beautiful Pickerel. So glad she was entered on our team :worthy:

I think you need to take some time off for more fishing :lol:;)

Joey

I think you need to email my wife and tell her that too Joey ;)

DOOOD!!! Nice shootin there!! That's one delicious lookin' pile of whitefish!! And a VERY nice walleye to boot! Rumour has it I'm actually getting out fishing this weekend...I'll try and do ya proud! ;)

About time you got out JB....was thinking you dropped off the edge of the world recently....go slay 'em buddy!

Some nice fish there. :clapping: Love that pic of Paul.

its great eh?