Fire tiger coloured lures

vinnimon

I have seen this personally and wondering why!Why are Salmon and Trout attracted to the fire tiger coloured lures,perch to me are not their forage fish.For instance, I go out casting or even trolling a j 13 rapala fire tiger at night or early morning(low light level)and at the same time a j 13 silver and black(shad?) is being used.Why is it the fire tiger gets the fish and not the other.I personally proved this last summer peir casting, both were new lures and no scent.I figured the silver one would give off more of a flash but the tiger hooked a salmon.Do they glow underwater? :dunno: I can see the bass,pike,pickerel and Musky, but trout and salmon? :dunno: Any view points would be great.Thanks in advance.Vince

Yes and Yes I guess.But the guy who came up with it(colour combos) should get one big bonus.No matter what rapala I use in the fire tiger, or even a spinner.They produce fish,if not they surely attract them by all means.What baffled me was that a salmon or trout would go after something that they dont feed on.Peeing them off maybe or they look so darn good and they need to have it? :dunno:

Regular fire tiger does not "glow" but it is obviously a very bright colour pattern, that makes the lure stand out. The goal of bait fish most of the time is not to stand out. These are also aggressive fish that are near the top of the food chain, so anything that fits in their mouths is prey.

The reason salmon and trout don't feed on perch often as a lot to do with them utilizing different parts of a given body of water.

Edited by kickingfrog

Regular fire tiger does not "glow" but it is obviously a very bright colour pattern, that makes the lure stand out. The goal of bait fish most of the time is not to stand out. These are also aggressive fish that are near the top of the food chain, so anything that fits in their mouths is prey.

The reason salmon and trout don't feed on perch often as a lot to do with them utilizing different parts of a given body of water.

True indeed.What baffled me is that at the same time you introduce 2 lures at the same time.Note that there are harldy any perch in the vicinty.Lots of shad etc.2 lures Side by side no scent,why do the trout or salmon go for fire tiger rather than something they feed on.Keep in mind that these fish are chasing the shads in to feed on, not the perch.But they go for fire tiger instead of the lure that mimics the bait fish.Both the same, J 13 except for colour and at low light or darkness.

certain colors show differently at depthd. flo. chartreuse shows white in lowere light. orange, turns to brown. verticle blk bars appear as contasts breaking the colors.water coloration, sunlight conditions are all factors.. contast is the largest factors next to action in a lure.

True indeed.What baffled me is that at the same time you introduce 2 lures at the same time.Note that there are harldy any perch in the vicinty.Lots of shad etc.2 lures Side by side no scent,why do the trout or salmon go for fire tiger rather than something they feed on.Keep in mind that these fish are chasing the shads in to feed on, not the perch.But they go for fire tiger instead of the lure that mimics the bait fish.Both the same, J 13 except for colour and at low light or darkness.

For the same reason almost any kid will choose the same one of these

standout.jpg

LOL, I have to say my best spoon for Salmon and Trout is called the green frog?

Sometimes fish see something they don't normaly see and wonder what it tastes like

Sound sto me like you answered your own question. You metioned no/low light conditions, the firetiger probably is a lot more visable at those times.

I thought the trend was to throw dark colours during night/overcloud and the bright ones during the day/sunlight conditions...