Costa Rica fishing report

Daplumma

Arrived late afternoon,unpacked and laid out my weapons of choice.Had very limited space so I took very few lures.

CR1.jpg

Headed for the beach,the tide was in and very high..no fish the first day.

CR2.jpg

The next morning I tied on a white twister tail and first cast.I caught many more of these all about the same size.

CR3.jpg

The twister also caught these other fish.Puffer

CR4.jpg

and this guy,who lost all of his color as soon as I landed him.

CR5.jpg

I traded a small spoon for a Sabiki rig from a native and modified it to cast easier,making two rigs out of one.

CR6.jpg

One morning I was throwing a crankbait and snagged a trash can lid sized stingray.I thought he was gonna spool me twice.I finally got him in close and he got loose.Glad it happened that way.Also got a 18 inch Bonita but did not have my camera that day.

Here are some wildlife shots

CR7.jpg

CR8.jpg

CR9.jpg

Costa Rica is one of the prettiest,cleanest places I have ever visited.We were on the Pacific coast so the water was not Carribian like and had volcanic black bits in the sand.It was very hot 95 F most days.The local economy is in pretty good shape and going off the compound was not scary at all and not as touristy as most places.

Joe

Headed for the beach,the tide was in and very high..no fish the first day.

CR2.jpg

Joe, I think your biggest problem here was you were casting to the wrong spot. Pretty sure you shoulda been aiming for the water rather than the trees :P

Other than that, welcome home bud, it sounds like an excellent vacation.

Joe, I think your biggest problem here was you were casting to the wrong spot. Pretty sure you shoulda been aiming for the water rather than the trees :P

Other than that, welcome home bud, it sounds like an excellent vacation.

Thanx smartass

Timely report Joe the wife just booked a week at the Barcelo Langosta in CR today and I just might take a rod down with me.

Tell me do you know if you need a license to fish the shore?

Dont know if you do but no one said BOO to me.I don't think that anyone would because the tourism dollar is appreciated.If I recall correctly you dont need a license to fish salt water here.Looks like you are also on the Pacific side.Have fun,bring your pole and Sabiki rig.Some sinkers,small hooks and a trip to the local bait shop may be fun also.

Joe