Looking for a fishfinder/gps

the only thing I don't like is, it takes about a minute to start because it is computerized

but I have found nothing else wrong with it

people had problems with all the HDS units when they first came out but the had a software up date for them and no more problems

Hey Stoty

I'm looking at getting the HDS 7 but I am considering the 8. Is the screen big enough on the 7 or would you advise the 8?

I have the 5 and I hope to buy the 8 as my main unit

it's a lot more money then the 7 but has more memory slots and the bigger screen

If you know your Lowrance/Humminbird units you can pick up some very good deals on used and new ones on ebay.

I bought a used HB 787 from this board (Thanks Aaron) and got to use it this weekend for the first time. GPS/color finder. Wow what a difference to my Lowrance X55. I have always owned Lowrance - this is my first HB and it did take a lot of convincing myself to make the switch

If you can find one on ebay these are a few really good discontinued units 1-2 years old

Lowrance LMS series

Eagle 640

Okay i have been looking at the Lowrance HDS 5 online and see that many look different...

At the end of the descriptions there are different numbers, for example, 140-19, 140-30, 140-21

Another question....after I but the unit do I have to buy a card too ?? (looks like they are around $250 or so)

thanks guys

Hey Stoty

I'm looking at getting the HDS 7 but I am considering the 8. Is the screen big enough on the 7 or would you advise the 8?

I love the HDS7, but obviously if your pocket book can afford it...get the biggest unit you can!

I'd LOVE a HDS10, but ya....I don't have a money tree in my backyard!

I just purchased two Lowrance HDS-7 combos for work today. $1050 at Radioworld in Toronto. They are on back order and should arrive by March. I intially looked at the HDS-5, but chose to upgrade to the 7 due to the window size. They also sold me the Hotmaps card for $150 each. Check them out.

I just purchased two Lowrance HDS-7 combos for work today. $1050 at Radioworld in Toronto. They are on back order and should arrive by March. I intially looked at the HDS-5, but chose to upgrade to the 7 due to the window size. They also sold me the Hotmaps card for $150 each. Check them out.

Considering I am about to be handed a $700.00 dollar bill to fix my clutch, I think I will be stopping at the 7 as well.

PS Orest says he will match Radio worlds prices

Edited by Dara

Considering I am about to be handed a $700.00 dollar bill to fix my clutch, I think I will be stopping at the 7 as well.

PS Orest says he will match Radio worlds prices

He seems to be giving out deals as of late :D. Maybe he smells the retirement pension coming and just doesn't care anymore :D

I know there are tons and tons of options out there....

I want and 'need' a good unit for summer. Can anyone recommend a good unit that is affordable....say something between $600-800

Any input would be appreciated....pros and cons

Thanks guys

Here is a good deal, my buddy Aaron is selling

http://www.gettinghooked.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2505

Cheers,

Tony

Consider the Lowrance LMS-522c unit. Tons of people have it and love it. The LMS 520 is the same unit just with an external antenna.

You should be able to track a used one down.

If I didn't have a unit right now I'd be buying an HDS5 or 7 those are pretty slick!