'Cause TJ said so - Hi, New to the Board!

cheaptackle

Ran into TJ on the "new classifieds" thread and am obediently following the Master's directive (thanks for the advice TJ!)

Name's Michael, originally from the Big Smoke, now transplanted to Uptergrove just east of Orillia. Spent most of my life growing up (?) fishing on Dalrymple. Done some "time" on the BOQ. Now learning more about Cooch, Simcoe and the Bog. Spent the last 2 years exploring just shorefishing softwater (by choice!) anywhere I can within a couple hours drive. Getting into hardwater this season a bit more. Operate a small discount tackle outlet which just fascinates the hell out of me learning all about what's out there that can't be found in the big box stores. While I try to use everything I can get my hands on for fishing, have to say my favorite is all different sizes of slip float & live minnows (right up to 14" suckers) followed by walking sinkers with a floating jig head/live bait combo if the terrain permits. I probably spend more time researching products to buy in & running the shop than I do actually fishing, hopefully that'll change soon!

Met a ton of fellow anglers from the area in the shop, many I hope are also members here too!

Enough of me already, I'm going back to the background where I've been for many years now learning from Y'all, although I'm sure I'll crop up from time to time now that I've taken the plunge!

Michael

Well...

Seems TJ's getting a little "shredded" in the "new classifieds" thread cause of something I said. Based on what I've seen here over the years, it would appear that I done did get fitted in pretty quick!

Thanks for the welcome all, it's getting fun already.

TJ, they've done worse to ya, chin up and all that!

Michael

[quote

Do we know each other

If you mean me, I don't know. Don't recognize the name although I have known a couple of "Mark"s in my time. You in Orillia?

Michael

No but I am thinking of tying your chain and TJ's chain and see who tugs the most :lol:

Good intro with some good fun,you kinda open the door for me

Please do pick on TJ,he needs it :lol:

But dont Obey

Edited by marc thorpe