Yamamoto Tubes and Tube Jigs?

MSBruno

I have used their tubes without any success. I have found that they do not do well but I have only used one colour on one lake so I should not make such a bold statement.

PS

What do you mean by tubes and tube jigs??? Aren't they the same thing?

I have used their tubes without any success. I have found that they do not do well but I have only used one colour on one lake so I should not make such a bold statement.

PS

What do you mean by tubes and tube jigs??? Aren't they the same thing?

tube jigs heads as the pic below

GY_InsiderJig.jpg

I am no pro but I would not get hung up on brand names when it comes to the actual tube,the jig maybe.

I have several brands of tubes in my bag and to tell you the truth I don`t I think one is better than the other,the BPS brand of tube has been pretty good and affordable.

I agree, just looking for opinions on the brand.

I don't know what tubes you're specifically wanting to ask about, but I hear the Ika's are good stuff!

I have the panfish sized ika, and it's done great! I will be trying the normal or the fat ika for bass under docks or something this year.

If they are anything like their Senko's...they will tear apart in 2 seconds.

I wouldnt waste your time/money on them at all.

The Lunkerhunt tubes are double dipped, so they are super strong, yet nice and flexible.

Their "Revealer tube" have two different colours in them, so they are even better!

I had a lot of great success using them all last season, and cant wait to throw them again this season for those big bronze-backs!

I have never used Yamato's but am a huge fan of YUM anythings.

Jim

Jim, I 100% back that statement. YUM crayfish imitations provided for my best Smallie fishing year ever.

Concerning tubes, I like Le Barons tubes in both the 2 and 3 inch sizes depending on the body of water.

Colours of choice have been purple and the dirty looking yellow.

I've never done especially well with Yamamoto tubes. At least, not well enough to justify the cost difference. Like other posters, I find the cheapie Bass Pro Shops ones seem to work as well as any others.

Grubs are another matter altogether, and I've often seen Yammies outfish other types of grubs by a wide margin. The tails are so thin they continue to move even after the jig has settled on bottom. Of course being that thin also means rock bass will tear them to shreds in seconds, so it can get expensive if there are a lot of sunfish around.

I have never used yammy tubes, but there other plastics are fine, price sucks tho. But back onto tubes, the Venom tubes are a good product. I have been using them for years and usually buy the 50 packs of my favorite colours. There 5 inch flipping tubes rigged weedless with a 5/0 gammie are really effective on them big largies. (buy them by the 100 pack.haha)