Spinners

troutboy

I haven't used a spinner in a long time, but I preferred a Mepps Aglia when I did use them. The wide blade of an Aglia compared to the willow leaf of a panther martin made for a much slower retrieve, which proved beneficial to me. I target bigger fish these days and find crank baits or jigs easier and more effective to use. Jigs especially. If you're targeting smaller Trout in a creek, give a Rapala Countdown size 3 a try. I've caught numerous Trout on a CD 3.

i stick to mepps, have never used panther martins and vibrax only used once with good results. i stick more towards just a plain worm hook and sinker with a little spiner that you can attach a hook to, not sure what their called, their more of a spinner bait style spinner except smaller and plain chrome or whatever it is. they work great for me cause i usually only creek fish for specks and i get great catches that way! only a few select people in town know about my pools! :P

For brookie fishing down this part of Southern Ontario, I use both but find myself flipping and casting the Mepps a bit more oftern. With our fish being smaller than what you'd find up your way, I use the smaller size spinners and find the heavier weight of the Mepps makes 'em easier to throw.