OMG...............HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

tjsa

ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE HOW TO FISH FOR THIS SPECIES!!!!!!!!!!

Location is not a problem :(, knew about it for a few years, lakers, ciscoes, and whitefish, just never ever tried for them before.

ANY TIPS OR TRICKS...................would be much appreciated.

Please don't let me down guys, I only have tomorrow night to buy any tackle I might need. :(:(

Guest gbfisher

A seven hook wonder(williams ice jig) or your favourite spoon(blue/silver bulley) ;) and some white 4" tubes and some half oz weights or less to go in em.

6" to 1' jigs off the bottom for both whitefish and lakers or suspended for lakers if you have electronics.

or just use a trble hook....minnows and small spit shot....easy hand line stuff.

your choice. good luck.

Edited by gbfisher

Ahhhh....................not surprised at all, white tube jigs is my "go to" bait for lakers, followed by a Chubby Darter(in blue and silver). I rarely even tip them with a minnow. Have caught lakers in 90 ft. of water, and reeling up, jigging all the way, until I can see the jig in the clear water of our northern lakes 10 ft. below, landed quite a few hooking them just under the ice. The deeper ones are easier to land, the ones less than 10 ft. down go berserk, and I do lose half of them since they are already just under the ice and do not have to decompress from the depths, :o

YUP, we're goin for whitefish(and if any herring,lake trout, brook trout want to play) them also. Gotta now bone up on the regulations. I am going fishing with a CO, but this is not his area(I am sure he knows the regs for it, but I want to know them also).

I hate when there's a test