Simcoe Whities & Lakers

Aaron Shirley

I fished with Tony on Simcoe on Sunday, and it was pretty slow for the most part. We tried off Inissfil in the morning, but after Tony lost one and nothing else all morning, we switched spots at noon and finally hit paydirt.

Overall tough, but we salvaged the day with the move. We needed electronics to help trigger these inactive fish. We worked hard for our bites ont he sonar, and most fish wouldn't move up more than a foot other than my last suicidal whitie up 10' to smash the Little Foxee Jig.

Tony got into the first couple of fish, both lakers with one good one. One on a tip-up and shiner, the other on a Jigging Rap.

Simcoe_01_2010_01.jpg

Simcoe_01_2010_02.jpg

Simcoe_01_2010_03.jpg

Simcoe_01_2010_04.jpg

Simcoe_01_2010_05.jpg

Simcoe_01_2010_06.jpg

Simcoe_01_2010_07.jpg

Then I took some hits, on a great set-up, with a hook and shiner drop-shot style and a Jigging Rap and Blue Fox Little Foxee jig as a weight, and both bait and lure worked. We both lost a few fish which sucked on such a slow day... but that's fishin'.

Sorry about the black box.. it is covering a new prototype reel I cannot show yet

Simcoe_01_2010_08-M.jpg

Simcoe_01_2010_09.jpg

Simcoe_01_2010_10.jpg

Simcoe_01_2010_11.jpg

Good fishing!

Aaron

Next time I go Spiel, I'l llet you know. The more the merrier when ice fishing... although I walk for miles in a day! I learned a lot of valuable advice and tips from that Simcoe ice God - Don McCaw. Have you heard from him lately?

Sending you a PM Chuck. I'll let you know next time I'm heading out.

Bigredneck, that lure is a Blue Fox Little Foxee jig, similar to Meegs, Bad Boyz and Hump Back Creepers, but with a feather tail.

I'll be eating that last one this weekend, mmm mm good!

Aaron

Nice catch, beauty whities and lakers, and, nice to see a fishing report!!!!!!!!!!!

Thx. If I didn't just get this new Blackberry, I still wouldn't be able to get on-line much. I work two full-time jobs and look after a demanding baby when I get home. Thank god for the berry, now I can get on-line at breaks while at work :)

Aaron

Next time I go Spiel, I'l llet you know. The more the merrier when ice fishing... although I walk for miles in a day! I learned a lot of valuable advice and tips from that Simcoe ice God - Don McCaw. Have you heard from him lately?

Aaron

That'd be cool Aaron, hopefully I can manage a day or two before the season closes.

Don sure knows his game, anyone new to the game would be wise to spend a day with him.

And no I haven't talked to him in some time but I should.