A quick weekend report.

fishnsled

Saturday I headed down to the boat show to see what kind of trouble I could try and stay out of . The last time I was there it cost me $25g's! This time, I able to escape for about $80. Still drooling over a few of the boats I saw, maybe in a couple of years I'll take the plunge again.

It's been 8 years since I was down there the last time and found the show to be pretty good for my needs. Picked up a couple of things I was looking for, got a my questions answered, ran into a few people from my past and was asked if I was interested in doing some work for an old employer. Lesson learned, never burn any bridges. A pretty good day I'd say.

Sunday was a the first hard water trip for me and the old man together. Went out on Simcoe looking for some perch and we were not disappointed. Picked a spot, drilled some holes, and caught fish all day. The action was up and down but not down for too long. It would be about 10-15 minutes without a bite and we'd start to talk about moving when another school would show up. Dad really enjoyed the comforts of the heated portable but spent most of the day with me outside enjoying the weather. First time that we used it in the 3 years I've had it. We tend to just enjoy being outdoors but the zipper broke on his coat and the chill was starting to get to him.

We iced about 60 fish between us and lost who knows how many, a very light bite. A mixed bag of sizes but in the end there was enough for my Dad and his wife to have a couple/three meals. The highlight of the day for Dad was a toss up but I think the CO showing up was the winner over the pig of a perch he caught. You see my Dad turned 65 3 years ago and has been anxiously waiting to show off his seniors card instead of a fishing licence. :D Nice to see the boys in green making the rounds.

Here's the fish of the day, just shy of 1.25 pounds on the digital scales. A nice start to the season. :thumbsup_anim:

IMG_6308.jpg

Hot baits were jigging raps and small jigging spoons, colour didn't seem to matter.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i say it every time there's a post from down there but simcoe is an incredible lake. year round i watch you guys catching hog bass, chunky lakers, and delicious looking perch! a true management success story!

thanks for sharing!