Jumbo Perchin Jan12 with yummy photos

Mako

Date: Jan 12th 2010

Ice thickness: 12 inches

Time: 7:30am-11:30am

Lures: Jigging Raps & Swedish Pimples with minnow chunks

I headed out Tuesday morning with my buddy, Jean Marc, to track down some jumbos. We fished the same spot I had gone to a week before.

The first drop in the hole and we got a perch. Always a good sign. So we set up the hut here and were able to do really well for the first hour and half, but by 10am everything slowed down. We left the warmth of the hut and popped a few more holes but the fish seemed to have shut down.

In the end we landed around 40 fish, and I brought 8 home to cook up.

The meal I wanted to do was Tempura Perch with Rice and a Lemon Ginger sauce. I also wanted to take some photos of the plate in my white box, which is a setup I have for doing product shots.

I have never done tempura before but it turned out quite well and as the recipe stated, if done right it wouldn't be oily at all.

Also included are some shots from last Sunday when we headed out for walleyes at Mass. Pt but unfortunately they were not cooperating that day....although I did get a nice sunrise photo.

Cheers,

Aron

The hut

jan12_hut.jpg

The Frozen Bay

jan12_ice.jpg

The keepers

jan12_jumbos.jpg

It's fry time!

jan12_cooking.jpg

Tempura Perch with Rice and a Lemon Ginger sauce - Yes I watch too much FoodTV

jan12_tempura1.jpg

Close up of the Crunch

jan12_tempura2.jpg

Mass. Point Sunrise

sunrise.jpg

Flasher Action

jigging.jpg

FBOQ_banner.jpg

Great report and pics.

I have to say i've seen a lot of final product fry up pics in my time, my own icluded....but that dish you created is by far THE BEST i've ever seen.

Presentation is simply awesome!....nothing wrong with being creative....keep watching the food shows...and keep posting those piccies

INSPIRATIONAL...looks delicious!

Thanks for the feedback. This was the first time shooting food and I felt rushed since I had to take the shots and run back up and continue cooking the rest of the fish.

Once you add the club soda & egg to the dry ingredients you have to fry with it right away to keep the batter bubbly, which in turn creates a great crust.

Aron