Bull Customer service @ Fishing World

Darrell

I check fishing worlds website this morning and they have the flasher im looking for in stock for $549.99 on sale, but on the box it says $579.99. So I ask skippy behind the counter if its still on for $549.99 and was told "No Mike doesnt want us to sell them at that anymore" so I reply "But on your website there $549.99....So will you honor that price?" and was told "NO we just havent had time to change the website" so I walked out that is BRUTAL customer service, and if your not going to sell it at that price dont advertise it. That was a easy $600.00 sale guess they dont need it or anymore of my buisness.!!!!!

darell

i'm sure mike is a member of this site mjack67 or something

fishing world is a good store, i bought a fl8, fl18, trap scout, survival suit pants, good prices and service

contact him directly after you cool down ;)

i have nothing bad to say about them except theya re too far from me

i'll say i've had my share of trouble there, not out of stocks or prices but arrogant :asshat: that think they invented fishing and anyone without a shimano hat is just some idiot with a hook and a worm.

however, as of late, within the year i've had fantastic service, with guys going out of their way to find a way to save me money, swinging fishing show prices and knocking off tax and such. i'd suggest talking to blake if he is still there, this guy has always treated me well.

Sorry to hear you had bad service. I have never had a problem. Infact I drive all the way from Scarborough just for that reason. They have always went out of their way to give me that kinda service. They will even order stuff for me that they dont carry without any problems. I'm sure if you talk to Blake or one of the guys there they will rectify it for you without any problems.

Not true about the Shimano branded store. Remember, they carry what people buy. Customer demand, if people buy mostly shimano then thats what they carry mostly. Remember that Shimano is a well know company and people buy sometimes just because its Shimano. I have my own business and could sell you a generic product for less and just as good and sometimes even better but people buy a name just for that reason sometimes. Marketing is everything. No sense in stocking shelves with product thet will sit and collect dust. They also have most of the very hard to find Japanese gear and stuff we pay a fortune for with cross border shopping. I have bought my fair share then most people and find alot of times I get it cheaper through our local stores, plus you build a relationship with them. I'm sure they will fix your problem for you. Give Blake a PM, he is away this week.

Edited by smalliefisher

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

be careful about complaining with regards to customer service.

some people get uppity.

:P

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Tambo im a 20 minute drive from them and drop more than a fair share of cash there. I shouldnt have to contact Mike directly to fix the issue, whats he gonna do honour the sale price or do I get a extra 15% off the sale price for wasting my time and gas driving out there. It was a easy sale, the ones behind the counter cant figure out that "Hmmmmmmmmmm maybe I should call Mike to see if we can still honour the price due to the situation". Ive work in the customer service industry for the last 15 years all based on commision, if I did buisness like that I couldnt afford a cup of coffee. As I said before they didnt need my $600.00 today so why should I give it to them tommorow. I recently baught a strikemaster auger early December on Dec 30 the Auger fell and the handle broke, I called strikemaster in Minnisota on Dec 31 they asked how it happened I explained and was told another handle would be shipped out Jan 4 when regular shipping starts up cause of the holidays. I asked how much and was told dont worry about it. Jan 7 UPS shows up at my door with a expidited box with the handle in it THATS CUTOMER SERVICE!!!

i hear ya darrell

everyone has bad days, particularly when you deal with many customers each day

im sure you've had way more good than bad there

i don't know the name of the guy i[ve dealt with there but he had a big black goatee

talk to mike, explain your situation, i/m sure it will work out

just make sure you buy a vex :thumbsup_anim:

tambo

I was in there today,the service was slow,really unussual.The attitude was not very enthusiastic at all.I ran into a mate that owns a shop in the city,I said and quote,I ll be at your place for a few things and return what I purchased here.Up to a couple years ago I would walk in and ask your the real price is and always got a decent discount,always.not now,mind you im not buying big right now.I will take my bigger spending to bills bait(a great bunch there and more personable)the disc isnt as big but their service is fabulous.If they cant help then lebarons.No more bps for me really not happy with them at all.Brought a lebarons cat in for price comparison on a mustang suit,the cat was for the next year and prices adjusted.BPS told me that those prices and catalogue are OUT OF DATE FOR THEM TO MATCH OR BEAT.HELLO """"""""BPS """"""""IT WAS OCTOBER AND IT WAS THE FOLLOWING YEARS LEBARONS CATALOGUE.On that note my raven float rod was 40 bucks more at BPS than fishing worlds price and that was a year after I bought it.

I was in there today,the service was slow,really unussual.The attitude was not very enthusiastic at all.I ran into a mate that owns a shop in the city,I said and quote,I ll be at your place for a few things and return what I purchased here.Up to a couple years ago I would walk in and ask your the real price is and always got a decent discount,always.not now,mind you im not buying big right now.I will take my bigger spending to bills bait(a great bunch there and more personable)the disc isnt as big but their service is fabulous.If they cant help then lebarons.No more bps for me really not happy with them at all.Brought a lebarons cat in for price comparison on a mustang suit,the cat was for the next year and prices adjusted.BPS told me that those prices and catalogue are OUT OF DATE FOR THEM TO MATCH OR BEAT.HELLO """"""""BPS """"""""IT WAS OCTOBER AND IT WAS THE FOLLOWING YEARS LEBARONS CATALOGUE.On that note my raven float rod was 40 bucks more at BPS than fishing worlds price and that was a year after I bought it.

I guess it depends who's having a good day at BPS. I found a Daiwa reel online in the LeBaron catalog, I printed it out, it didn't even say LeBaron on the print out and they honored it no questions asked.

As for Fishing World they have some great people working there, but I usually go to Bill's Baits.

I love fishing world the guys are great. The guy with the black goatee is a real avid fisherman. He might not have the greatest personality but he knows fishing. My Lowrance color finder was $150.00 cheaper at Grimsby Tackle than BPS. BPS has 1 person in each department who is an expert the rest is staffed by people who couldn't get work at WaLMart. The problem at BPS the expert is always busy helping people like ourselves. Radio World is the only place I'll talk electronics - they know their stuff, will demo it for u, & their price is always better than BPS. BPS came to Canada with much hoopla - as far as I'm concerned they should've stayed in the states.

I guess it depends who's having a good day at BPS. I found a Daiwa reel online in the LeBaron catalog, I printed it out, it didn't even say LeBaron on the print out and they honored it no questions asked.

As for Fishing World they have some great people working there, but I usually go to Bill's Baits.

That is true fishing world does have good people there,esp the old man I call pops.Everyweekend at 5am he has a smile and a story to tell,and very greatfull.You should see him go at the binny hardwater tourney.2 years ago he almost blew up the deepfryer.No fault of his own,just a back fire.Well a big boom.He must of pooped his pants for sure,but he kept going to feed the folks with the fresh fish.

I wont get into details... but I will not shop there anymore. Due to almost the same reason as you... I like to shop local, and support local businesses but if they are not willing to sell to locals without attitude and be competitive to the rest of the market then why should I even bother.

On a side note because of fishing world's piss poor pricing and inconsiderate/rude employees I was pointed into the direction of Jos @ Angling Outfitters. A more customer centric business owner you will not find, and very price conscious as well... he will even beat US prices to secure you're business.

If I can make a suggestion... Give Jos a try. You will not regret u did.

All the best,

G

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
I'm sorry, but that just can't be done in Canada... if it could, Canadians wouldn't be shopping in the US for boats and tackle!!!

don't forget beer!

i can buy "imported" blue for cheaper than "domestic" blue, even when i pay duty!

now if you guys could just learn how to make beer!

don't forget beer!

i can buy "imported" blue for cheaper than "domestic" blue, even when i pay duty!

now if you guys could just learn how to make beer!

Youre better off buying blue from the home front no matter the savings.They just dont make it like we do.There is only one beer that could top price and quality.Apub a few years back in niagara fall N Y,had Bud Ice on tap for 4bcks canadian a pitcher(a promo).It was good and comparible to our brew.

The mixs and the rest sucked.I polished a twelve of blue from there and needed to go back to canada for a real brew.It only took a sip of one,then I was happy.Ill pay the extra for a home land brew anytime.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i have a membership at the soo michigan country club. my yank beer of choice is miller light. on a hot summer day golfing, it's a good substitute for the gatorade i'd normally drink :P

I'd like to say this. Fishing World has been a very generous supporter of our carp fishing club, I have never had a problem there and they have had some great sales on carp gear. This is light of the fact that carp tackle is a very small part of their business. Sometimes employees get the wrong message and screw ups happen because of it.

I'd like to say this. Fishing World has been a very generous supporter of our carp fishing club, I have never had a problem there and they have had some great sales on carp gear. This is light of the fact that carp tackle is a very small part of their business. Sometimes employees get the wrong message and screw ups happen because of it.
From what Ive seen around,I think they have the best selection around for carp fishing.The only shop ive seen with a section dedicated to carp fishing.I wonder if govt is suplimenting them for promoting it.Sorry my friend I would like to see them disappear entirely from the lakes in ontario.But on a nicer note I did fish for them in italy and ate them also.Sundried,salted and frozen.you name ive probably tryied it,and loved it.And the bait we used were snails.Local snails thats it.nothing else.These carp wee small and were bluish/grey in tone.Sicily is where we fished for them in a resevoir.

i have a membership at the soo michigan country club. my yank beer of choice is miller light. on a hot summer day golfing, it's a good substitute for the gatorade i'd normally drink :P
Canadian gatorade vs yankee miller.hmm,A light high on both to some degree.You have yourself a tie.I choose the gatorade.cheers and lakeport pilsner is also good for the price.Brewed here in the hammer.a buck a beer.Cant beat that.