Lake trout video from yesterday

limeyangler

Hi all,

told a friend about the good fishing i had the other day, he wanted to check it out for himself. he is an experienced fisherman but had not fished this local lake before. He also just started renting an appartment on the lake so we set off from his landing...which is pretty cool cuz now i dont have to pay $10 this summer at the boat launch!

We caught lots of fish (lol...i did catch fish too...just too busy filming my buddy....HONEST!)

Did try some deeper water too (90FOW). only difference was that there were fewer baitfish out deeper, but when the bait came through there was always around 3 or 4 trout circling right along with it, not so in the shallower 60FOW, bait fish on screen the whole time at that depth with trout moving in periodically. We also caught a lot of Ling, i kept a big one i got , mmmmmmmmmm....best eating fish in my opinion.

BROKE MY NEW YEAR RESOLUTION ALREADY....MORE BLEEPING I"M AFRAID

Great report and video Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Looks like you guys had a blast with them lakers..... ya should change your handle to Lakerbuster :lol:

Nice surprise to ice a few burbots B)

It just doesn't get any better than that :canadian::thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing that awesome video with us and keep them reports coming!!!

Jacques

Thanks for the replies guys, always good to get feedback...especially good feedback :thumbsup_anim:

Great report and video Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Looks like you guys had a blast with them lakers..... ya should change your handle to Lakerbuster :lol:

Nice surprise to ice a few burbots B)

It just doesn't get any better than that :canadian::thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing that awesome video with us and keep them reports coming!!!

Jacques

With the trout and eelpout...whadabout 'TroutPout" as a new handle....lol

very cool video. How do you cook your ling?

Bein an Englishman, and bein that Ling is basically cod...it would be wrong for me not to make Cod 'n' Chips......beer batter with big fat greasy soggy English style chips smothered in 'malt' vinegar.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

keep up the great work Simon ... love the vids

were you guys using white tubes with whole minnows ?

Yeah JDS....seemed to be the ticket when we hit the deeper water, but i hatched an evil plan....lol the water is soooo clear on that lake...the tubes and minnows would attract the trout but the would kinda just nose at it a lot. I let my buddy bring 'em in, then i'd drop my plain jig and small minnow down to where the trout was chasing his jig on the screen and 2 out of three times they';d nail my bait...and you think i was cursing in that vid....LOLOLOL

Well done there. Even after a couple of decent days on the pond you still make me drool.

I seen your mess of perch Bruce......nice, fat, tasty ones too.

Bein an Englishman, and bein that Ling is basically cod...it would be wrong for me not to make Cod 'n' Chips......beer batter with big fat greasy soggy English style chips smothered in 'malt' vinegar.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Aghhhhhh....beer batter!!!!

Oh yeah ..... sweet video too, keep em coming!