Winter projects lets see them

aplumma

About the only winter project I have time for is an extensive photo essay of a canoe trip I took to the Arctic Ocean almost 12 years ago. Long before I had a digital camera. I hope to post it some time in February when things are getting a little slow and the spring opener still seams to be soooo long away.

Done.

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...c=41414&hl=

Disco, are those DT- era Yammies? Takes me back!

Looks like.

A few years ago I picked up an RZ500 that had blown a head gasket and the owner had let sit with the cylinder full of coolant.

I no longer have a wistful yearning for a street going two-smoker, heh.

I had done some tweaking to my 600 Ninja, got everything buttoned up, and somebody has sideswiped it in the parking garage. Again. :wallbash:

Just for fun throw in an African. :whistling:

JF

That would get nasty in a hurry! In my early days of aquariums, I made this mistake. I put a very nasty little Pseudotropheus in with a couple of convicts. It was my first African. Oh boy....I can see the convicts now. There wasnt a fin left on any of them! Poor buggers! It was like bringing a starving Mike Tyson to a soup kitchen full of wanna be tough guys.

Ab

Looks like.

A few years ago I picked up an RZ500 that had blown a head gasket and the owner had let sit with the cylinder full of coolant.

I no longer have a wistful yearning for a street going two-smoker, heh.

I had done some tweaking to my 600 Ninja, got everything buttoned up, and somebody has sideswiped it in the parking garage. Again. :wallbash:

Yup, there are few DT 250's, and few RT 360's (1970-1973), and even one CT, napping around the house/garage. I'm in the middle of waking them up right now from a long hibernation. I have had my R6's, my YZF's ... bikes that would stretch the skin at @ 250 kph, but you know what? These guys are more fun! Sorry to hear about accident on the Ninja. It's good that you okay and able to write about it.

Yup, there are few DT 250's, and few RT 360's (1970-1973), and even one CT, napping around the house/garage. I'm in the middle of waking them up right now from a long hibernation. I have had my R6's, my YZF's ... bikes that would stretch the skin at @ 250 kph, but you know what? These guys are more fun! Sorry to hear about accident on the Ninja. It's good that you okay and able to write about it.

I sure miss my '68 DT1b. It was my first bike. I'd like to find another just for an about town scooter.

JF

The 68 was a very special bike indeed! If you find one in Ontario, there will be a race to it! ;)

After I said that I got to wondering if it was '68 or '69. It was a golf tank with white pinstriping. I think they changed the tank colour the next year.

JF

After I said that I got to wondering if it was '68 or '69. It was a gold tank with white pinstriping. I think they changed the tank colour the next year.

JF

I looked 'em up and it must have been the '68. I remember there were white tanks and gold tanks. The following year they went to a nasty orange tank.

JF

I looked 'em up and it must have been the '68. I remember there were white tanks and gold tanks. The following year they went to a nasty orange tank.

JF

That is correct. The 68 was white, the 69 was goldy orange, and the 70 was red. If you end up finding that 68 bike under your deck, or packed away somewhere in your garage, give me a call! I hear they are really dangerous to ride, and the wheels fall off from time to time, and on occasion it turns left when you want to go right, and I also hear that the seat pops up and ejects the rider over small little bumps in the road. So you really don't want a bike like that, now do you? ;)

So you really don't want a bike like that, now do you? ;)

Yup.

A bunch of the guys I rode with back then had Bonnevilles, one Sportster, Beezers (forget what the twin carb 650 was called), a Commando. We used to go out to a local farm that had a nice hill out back and pretend we were big time hillclimbers. The other guys could never figger out how my little 250 beat their 650/750's every time. We even changed riders and the Yammie was always fast. The twins threw up a nice rooster tail though. :P

I had changed the primary sprocket and ran an MX tire but the engine was basically stock.

JF

That sounds like a lot of fun John. Would be interesting to stretch the DT frame for the climbs and see how that performs! I would love to have an old British twin. Put an old CT up against the heavy twins and I bet it would be the same result. You should find yourself a scoot. Life is too short to tell yourself to hold on and wait for the opportunity (to an extent). It's definitely affordable, and certainly has been a great memorable experience in your life. It will make you happy, and that's something you can't put a price tag on. You can apply this to all of the interesting hobbies mentioned in this thread. If you know it will make you happy, and it's attainable to you, then go for it and get it done! Everything we do here keeps us together, for ourselves and for others. It's an important part of life, whatever it is that we do. What is it that we do? Oh yeah, fishing. See?

I have a spring project now. I have to get my house ready to sell.

Finishing all my little projects that were good enough at the time and I will fix that up laters.

A bit of electrical wiring, a bit of trim here and there, paint touch ups, hiding tv and internet cables.

Good part is I get to build myself a new and improved shop..oh yeah, the wife is building the house she wants too.

That sounds like a lot of fun John. Would be interesting to stretch the DT frame for the climbs and see how that performs! I would love to have an old British twin. Put an old CT up against the heavy twins and I bet it would be the same result. You should find yourself a scoot. Life is too short to tell yourself to hold on and wait for the opportunity (to an extent). It's definitely affordable, and certainly has been a great memorable experience in your life. It will make you happy, and that's something you can't put a price tag on. You can apply this to all of the interesting hobbies mentioned in this thread. If you know it will make you happy, and it's attainable to you, then go for it and get it done! Everything we do here keeps us together, for ourselves and for others. It's an important part of life, whatever it is that we do. What is it that we do? Oh yeah, fishing. See?

My last bike was a big black Ninja. That was about 20 years ago. As much as I like the crotch rockets I might look a little odd riding 'em at my age. Besides, I'd probably lose my licence. Cops get hinky about riding the back wheel in town. :P

I figger a nice little 250 enduro wouldn't be bad for ripping around town.

JF