Small Report...Pike Pic/Video

TDunn

I was back out on the ice in search of perch with my cousin Ted. After covering a ton of water we came to the conclusion that we should maybe put more effort into catching pike rather than perch. We used Tip up/Smelt combo for set lines and we jigged williams spoons and jigging rapalas. Ended up going 6/8 on the northerns with another hefty fish landed.....But the best fish was lost at the hole!

The camera was foggy so the pics arent the best....This fish was taken on a tip up....

011.jpg

012.jpg

Release

This was the heartbreaker for the day...

Part of the fight (Foul language used once)

Lose the pike at the hole

Hope you enjoyed

TDunn

hey man, nice fish there! i've been itchin to get out for my first hard water fish. would you mind givin a fella a good lake for walleye around here? maybe get some perch too?

Ha I wish I had a better place to steer you too redneck....but really for walleye around here you have rock, gordon and that chain of lakes....or tilley...

None of them are secrets...and to tell you the truth I have never put in a ton of time in at any...

If your looking for quality walleyes your driving....

Rock is a big lake with easy access so it might be a place to start. I fish rock on the ice a few times a year but the majority of my walleye hunting is done in a boat when in the Soo area.

I landed my personal best walleye a few years back at rock and I have seen a few other trophies caught so I know there are big fish available ....I did a skin mount but I now wish I would have went artifical

20062925inches-Copy2.jpg

Hope this helps......Oh and theres perch!

TDunn

Edited by TDunn