How NOT to handle a BIG PIKE!

Fishing 24/7

Weird.....even when I was 4 yrs old, I never handled a fish quite like that....... :dunno:

It's common sense if you ask me.

How would you like to be dropped on your head, and have your jaw bone ripped out....

Probably not too much eh?

O gawd Scotty, give it up. Nobody here is angry about it.

i like a guy who shows he can and has made mistakes......no reason to do so either, wasnt forced or even asked. Like it alot better than a guy who sweeps past mistakes under the rug like they are perfect thats for sure. I'd say this puts fishing 24/7 on the no B.S.'er list from here on out.

We all learn, we all make mistakes, the key is to apply the knowlege you garnered from the situation and apply it to your future endevours!

Props to the OP for posting this knowing full well that something was gonna hit the fan as a result... I think that in posting this, someone else may well learn from your mistake so, one hail mary for the pike that gave up it's life in order to teach a nube, how to properly handle a fish.

I believe a moment of silence is required, to honour the pike...to be referred to in the future and for all time as "Mr. X-Esox".

HH

Edited by Headhunter

i knew some guys would not like it....

but after this one. HUNDREDS more where released ... im all C&R!

just wanted to show how i was stupid.... if oyu can aply this. i was new exited... and with 0 education about fishing.

ill say like the other.

If this pike saved 10 pikes life....... theres common sense.

4 years old. maybe you had a dad that teached you how to fish?!?!

i had to learn the hard way. by killing them first... with mishandling ! :wallbash:

then comming on boards like this one and asking question . live and learn.

:blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

i've made my mistakes too man.... dont feel bad, a cat fish bit me one time (i dont have the greatest temper) and the first thing i could grab is what i killed it with... im not like that anymore though. i follow the limits and handle my fish properly and hopefully will never be wrapped up with lures by a pike :P......

i'll add this too, them things can take quite the beating!!

Edited by bigredneck

4 years old. maybe you had a dad that teached you how to fish?!?!

Yes, I did, but it wasn't the fishing that I commented about, it was the way the fish was handled.

I can understand the whole live and learn thing, but not dropping a fish on the gravel head first, and ripping apart its jaw...seems to be just common sense to me?

That shouldn't be something that you need to be taught. lol

Yes, I did, but it wasn't the fishing that I commented about, it was the way the fish was handled.

I can understand the whole live and learn thing, but not dropping a fish on the gravel head first, and ripping apart its jaw...seems to be just common sense to me?

That shouldn't be something that you need to be taught. lol

hey man, people make mistakes. yea sure, the way fish are handled should be common sense. thats why there are videos all over the place that show you how to handle fish properly... and when fish flop like that it isnt easy to keep control..... i almost dropped a fish like that, but i caught it :D this is a stupid thing to argue about anyway, it happened what..... 5-6 years ago? he has obviously learned ALOT more about angling since then. like me, i just got into fishing about 3 years ago and i have learned SO MUCH MORE than i already knew.

this is a stupid thing to argue about anyway, it happened what..... 5-6 years ago? he has obviously learned ALOT more about angling since then. like me, i just got into fishing about 3 years ago and i have learned SO MUCH MORE than i already knew.

Agreed. End the discussion Scott, you won't win or make anybody think in your favor. Your opinion of the topic has been stated.

There's always 1 lol

hey look, i finally got someone to agree with me on the forum :D hahaha

Many people agree with you and like the fact that a person of character like Fishing 24/7 posted a video like this is knowledgeable. He did the correct thing here and everybody here knows that life is about living and learning. Not judging those that have yet to know right from wrong in the fishing world or any other situation.

Let's let the 1 person dispute end, and let others appreciate this thread for what it teaches.

MTBF

Man.. I'm glad nobody video'd that Laker I caught last week.. thrashing around and such while trying to get it unhooked and a picture taken. If you can't accept that crap happens while fishing.... join P3TA and dye your hair blonde. Silicon is optional...

Edited by irishfield

Caught a muskie this year, cowgirl jaw and just above right eye - ended up with blood everywhere dont ask - always try and release quickly. I was trying to stop the blood flow from said thumb that happened to be bitten notice said muskie now not swimming away. (read this as belly up)

five - ten minutes later said thumb bandagaed - my mate gary still cradling muskie - finally kicks and swims away. Happy to say caught this opening day! - in July caught muskie at same spot with scar just above right eye - weight and length very simlar (within 3 cm)

We are all learning this site is awesome because everyone tries to release. I think that my son will have a better fishery than we do. the only issue in canada is lack of catch and release muskie