Need Some Advice ??

tizfun

Hi all, I'm in the market for a boat and have come across a deal that has me stumped and not sure if I should make the drive to go and get it..

It's a 2000 Ranger Cherokee with a 115 hp Merc.. So, I know about Rangers quality in glass boats, but what about their aluminum boats ??

Does anyone have any previous knowledge or ownership of these boats ?

Would you pay 7000.00 for this ?? Is it worth it... They are willing to make this deal happen if I come and get it within 2-3 weeks...

Only thing worries me is the drive this time of year..... weather wise....

Thanks,

Tiz

Here's the boat

dealersite_images_daysboatsales_vp1.jpg

dealersite_images_daysboatsales_-1.jpg

I believe that the cherokee models were made by crestliner for ranger.

And yes - I would go down there, test it on a lake and it does sound like a good price.

I bought my boat in Michigan. It was easy to cross back into Canada with it - as long as you have the title for the boat and the title for the trailer showing no liens. The trailer must also have the proper trailer sticker too (weight capacity, model#...)

If you have these things and it tests well on water then I would say BUY IT!

Have you negotiated for 7000 cause if that is their asking price I am sure you can get it for lower if you give them cash and promise to get there soon.

They are still struggling economically in the U.S. You'd be surprised at how low they might go.

Landry

Well, thanks to all for the reply's.. Just got in from a 4 day road trip ( work ) and going through my emails and to my surprise someone from Ontario has purchased this boat.. Can you believe it.... I'm not saying anyone from this board, but I had some worries about posting it, in case something like this wound happen... The price was right...

So to the Ontarian.. if you saw the boat on here... next time, find your own damn boat !!!!

Guess it just wasn't meant to be...... Damn...............

Tiz

No offence meant but the boat was nationally advertised so it was not exactly your own secret little find

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1999-Ran...EE-237-96202419.

I really doubt someone bought it just to piss you off. Maybe they just wanted it more than you did and acted upon it sooner.

No, I am not the culprit my current boat is a Triton.

I understand and knew it was nationally advertised, but what are the odds it was purchased from someone in Ontario... and only how many days if that, after my post ??? C'mon seriously... put 2+2 together here...

Oh well, they'll be plenty more..

Tiz

I understand and knew it was nationally advertised, but what are the odds it was purchased from someone in Ontario... and only how many days if that, after my post ??? C'mon seriously... put 2+2 together here...

Oh well, they'll be plenty more..

Tiz

Show up at the June OFC G2G and see if you recognize it at the dock! :P

Well, considering that similar boats or practically any boat for that matter costs substantially more in Canada than in the States I would say that the odds are fairly good that it would be bought by a Canadian.In the last few years as a sideline, I have purchased and sold maybe a dozen reposessed bass boats no more than a year old from US banks.Enough profit to buy one for myself and still have a little something left over.There is no shortage of boats down South belive me.If our boating season was longer I would probably be a wealthy man.You will have no problem finding something for yourself if you put in the time.The one thing that I would suggest though is to find something newer.Don't forget that most boats in Southerly states are used year round and would have a lot of hours on the water in comparison to the average use here.Good Luck in your search, half the fun is getting in a little warm weather time when you go pick up your boat.