vibrating puck

walleyejigger

Happy New Years boys and girls

went fishing a little speckie lake yesterday (we caught 3, no pics and missed 5 ), the temps. with the windchill were in the -30's, needless to say our holes kept freezing over in no time, a buddy had a vibrating puck to put in the hole to keep it from freezing over and to my amazement it actually worked, the best thing since sliced bread imo. (if ur talking ice fishing that is...) so of course figured i gotta buy me some of those, only i've never seen them before or heard of them for that matter, i tried googling vibrating puck but that didn't help, searched bps, and cabelas with no luck, tried searching the forum here and still nothing

anybody know what they are actually called? so i can google the right thing

btw. all fish were caught and missed on that one line (was it the vibrating action)

thanks a bunch

I would ask the buddy, the name and where he got it

I have never heard of vibrating puck

and when I google it

google keeps asking me if I want to change the P to an F

theythink I have something else in mind

glad I didn't google it from work

thanks for the search johnnyb but thats not the one, it's dark grey, the size of a hockey puck but twice the thickness, runs on 2 AA batteries, he called it a vibrating hockey puck (obviously not the real name) and said he got it in timmins, i tried calling him this morning but his wife said he was gone fishing again, i've left him a message to get back to me, i thought maybe someone here may have heard of it before,

Terry, i got the same results as you, i am at work...ooops

I found this from THE SUDBURY STAR, but they did not say the name if it

Buying for the outdoors person

Posted By JENN LAMOTHE, FOR THE SUDBURY STAR

Posted 21 days ago

Chances are, this holiday season there is someone on your gift list who thinks that freezing the early morning away in a small shack, in an only somewhat comfortable chair, watching a black and white TV and moving a stick up and down, is the best way to spend time. Or perhaps you know someone who owns at least three insulated plaid coats and matching florescent orange hats, and thinks sitting quietly in a tree for the day is a little slice of heaven? If so, you have yourself an outdoors person, and the only cure is a trip to Ramakko's Outdoor Adventure Store. Look for the lighthouse and you will find what you need.

Brian Ramakko, owner of the store, knows a thing or two about buying for this elusive creature. They go by many names, angler, hunter, hiker, but Ramakko knows what they need.

"We have at least 20 different rods and reels ranging from $10 to $100," says Ramakko. "And the better the rod, the more sensitive it is to any bites." Rods are available for ice fishing, as well.

If you are looking for some stocking stuffers, Ramakko suggests either fish weight scales, or a hook sharpener. A hook sharpener seems like an unnecessary accessory to some, but Ramakko says there is a noticeable difference. "You will notice you catch more fish, the ones that you think are on, but then you reel in and they are gone." It is the quality of the hook that usually causes the difference in price, from one lure to another, so it's good to maintain its point.

For ice fishing, some great gift ideas range from pucks to huts. Instead of hauling a shack out onto the ice, try a pop-up ice hut. The hut is on a sleigh that can be pulled behind a quad

or snowmobile. Using its heat-absorbing windproof walls and a small candle, the hut can reach a temperature of 5C. To avoid having to constantly muck out your hole, try a puck. A puck is a small round piece, which incidentally looks like a hockey puck, that vibrates when placed into the hole, moving the water around to prevent ice from forming.

I have sent emails to find the product name

Edited by Terry®

thanks for the search johnnyb but thats not the one, it's dark grey, the size of a hockey puck but twice the thickness, runs on 2 AA batteries, he called it a vibrating hockey puck (obviously not the real name) and said he got it in timmins, i tried calling him this morning but his wife said he was gone fishing again, i've left him a message to get back to me, i thought maybe someone here may have heard of it before,

Terry, i got the same results as you, i am at work...ooops

Did you ask his wife? Maybe she knows where he gets all his vibrating stuff.... :rolleyes:

WalMart had them 2 years ago, but I didn't see them this year. LeBaron's has them in the Hunting area. As somebody mentioned to attach to the duck decoys.

I love mine. But I keep forgetting them in the hole at the end of the day

Tipups.jpg

Edited by wallyboss