2010 Fishin' Trip Plans???

Moosebunk

Probably the same as last year for me.

OFC GTG at Lakair in June

First two weeks of September on the French River.

And possibly another week in Ontario in July or August with my son-in-law. He likes to fish and has never been on a fishing trip in Canada - something he'd really love to do. Now it is a matter of convincing my daughter to let him go for a week. But with two small kids at home, that may be a bit difficult. We shall see.

I'm looking forward to another great Muskie season here on the Mighty O for 2010....The home away from home trip right now is a coin flip between a fly-in to a Northern Ontario lake that has natural Rainbows, Specks and Lakers, or up to a buddies hunt camp near the Iron Bridge area to do some back lake Monster Brook trout fishing that's accessible by ATV or float plane only.... :canadian::Gonefishing:

Have a Merry Christmas All!!!! :santa:

Edited by MuskieHunter

February - ice fishing with Buddies for a long weekend in the trout hills.

Early March - ice fishing Temagami (it looks like, probably) with old pals.

Late March - maybe, just maybe... my favorite pike and walleye lake in the remote.

May Long - a week up the rivers I used to call home in NE Ontario.

Now for summer and fall it's in mind to consider... Athabasca, Attawapiskat and/or BC, and some short side trips... like Quebec specks, Lake Ontario salmon, St. Larry muskies and Maddy trout camp tours on the ATV.

Planning late summer for a definite NW Ontario tour.

Alot of fun in mind... not much of it actually concrete.

Good luck all in the 2010.

We will likely be re-committing many of the crimes from last year: 3 trips to Doe, probably 2 to Rice, and the family trip to Cameron Lake (if they can change the week as Jen's boss changed the holiday week after we booked!). We are also looking at a journey farther north (Gogama maybe?), but that could be a bit of a stretch.

What I am starting to notice is that many of my friends are starting to take an active re-interest in fishing. It is like we are all realizing at once that there is nothing better than a weekend away with friends or family in a cottage on some near north type lake. I don't know if it is because it represents simplicity, or a throwback to our youth, or something that we can do with the kids, etc. All I know is that the mood automatically gets better when we start to talk about fishing trips. And I love it.

Jim

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

living in sault ste. marie i don't have to travel too far to experience some pretty decent fishing.

this winter, my primary targets will be brookies and lakers... the ice fishing season opens access to lakes not located on a trail/portage system... lakes that may not have ever seen a canoe.

in spring i hope to be on an annual work trips to pulaski. quite a fun salmonid stream where I was able to tangle with numbers i've never experienced up here on lake superior.

a few early spring brookie adventures will be followed by chasing big spring time walleye in my local lakes. as bass opens i generally spend a fair bit of time chasing down bronzebacks..

often in summer i am also blessed with an august work trip to nipigon. while the brookie fishing is often my primary target, the walleye and northern fishing is also so good in the area, i have have to do a little bit of all of it!!!

have a safe and successful season this year everyone.

Probably not very many people would be interested but I want to try for some mighty st.lawrence carp at long sault.

Hey Victor, you will not be disappointed....there are huge carp on that stretch of the Larry. When we fish for early season pike in May, there are tons of carp swimming around all over the place in the shallows. Good luck....

With our first baby on the way in March, I'm going to try and keep it local to the guelph area, maybe get out the flyrod and try for bass and trout in the grand or up to guelph lake with the canoe for bass and pike.

Will try and get my steelheading in before the end of March if I can get any open water. We have our annual trip to the haliburton area with the extended family pretty much planned out, hopefully back on redstone lake for some big smallies and maybe even some trout.

I'm already setting my sites on 2011 and a trip to BC for steelhead or salmon but I guess it all depends on the baby and convincing the wife.

Traveling to Florida on business in mid-February, and have booked a day of trolling for dolphin, king mackerel and (hopefully) sailfish while I'm there. Going back to Kentucky in April for a few days of muskie, bass, stripers and crappie fishing. Traveling to Vancouver Island on business in May, and have tagged on two days to fish with a friend out there (halibut, salmon, and possibly some drop-back steelhead). I'd like to go up to the Ottawa River for catfish again in the summer. No real plans beyond that.