It's that time of year Again - Fishing licence Renewal

Uncle Buck

I just get the option to updtae my details or re-print, nothing about renewal.

Do I have to wait for it to expire? I have a 1 year that I gopt from BPS if that makes a difference.

You gotta go to a dealer and buy a sticker for your outdoors card.

Mine still has another year on it

regardless of when you purchased it? I'm confused

Yer good if you bought it last year or two years ago and have a three year license. :huh:

he's just reminding everyone to renew that needs to is how I read it. I renewed just the other day for 3-years...

Thanks Dara, does that mean I can never do online renewals for it?

you can but they call it an "e-license" so you have to carry a print out of it as well as your card. better to just go to a store unless you need a new card as well.

Looking for suggestion..

I just completed my hunting course about 2 months ago..went to Licensing office and got my combined fishing and hunting temporary card (they took my fishing card)..they told me my new card should arrive within 2-3 months. on my temporary paper I have both fishing and hunting stickers that expire at the end of this year. Should I just go online and get three year fishing + hunting + card?

thanks

Edited by Steel28

Guest gbfisher
make sure you check when your outdoors CARD expires. no point buying a 3 year license for a card that expires in two or less.

they wont let you get one in that case raf.....I tried.......lol... :huh:;)

they wont let you get one in that case raf.....I tried.......lol... :huh:;)

hey.. you're right!! i just tried too..

but.. if you walk into your local CT, i don't think you'll find that restriction... until that CO pulls you over and spots a valid license with an expired card. <_<

you can but they call it an "e-license" so you have to carry a print out of it as well as your card. better to just go to a store unless you need a new card as well.

i renewed my card online. they sent me a whole new card.... i never carry around a print out and have never been bothered by any of the officers about it that have stopped me.

Thanks for the reminder. Now I'm headed for the basement to check my card, I'll spend the next 2-3 hours down there fiddling with tackle, instead of getting things ready for tomorrow's Christmas brunch. After that, I'll come up for dinner and realize that I got side tracked by all the shiny lures and forgot to check my license, at which point the whole process will repeat itself. Thanks a lot. :lol:

i renewed my card online. they sent me a whole new card.... i never carry around a print out and have never been bothered by any of the officers about it that have stopped me.

if your card expired then yes you would get a new card. If you got a new card in 2009 and a lic. for 1-year and you renew online in 2010 that's when you need the print out. they don't mail you a sticker. your card is good for 3-years in total. I went through that in 2008...

Thanks for the reminder. Now I'm headed for the basement to check my card, I'll spend the next 2-3 hours down there fiddling with tackle, instead of getting things ready for tomorrow's Christmas brunch. After that, I'll come up for dinner and realize that I got side tracked by all the shiny lures and forgot to check my license, at which point the whole process will repeat itself. Thanks a lot. :lol:

Jeeze its good to know I am not the only one ... I was afraid I have ... whats that thing called when you cant remember stuff ... and ... what was I saying ... I know I went downstairs to get something ... oh well I'll remember as soon as I get back upstairs so at least I dont have alzheimers ... but look at all the tackle I forgot I bought last time I was at LeBaron :) :) :)

So here"s something to ponder..... Why is it they have 5 spots for your stickers but the card is only good for three years Hmmm Something fishy for sure

I buy my sticker every year .gives them the extra paper work to process Also i never go to the self checkout at CT or WalMart I don"t want to put the girls out of a job

So the fat cats can save money??? no sireee Thats not me

if your card expired then yes you would get a new card. If you got a new card in 2009 and a lic. for 1-year and you renew online in 2010 that's when you need the print out. they don't mail you a sticker. your card is good for 3-years in total. I went through that in 2008...

okay, i see, i see.

Jeeze its good to know I am not the only one ... I was afraid I have ... whats that thing called when you cant remember stuff ... and ... what was I saying ... I know I went downstairs to get something ... oh well I'll remember as soon as I get back upstairs so at least I dont have alzheimers ... but look at all the tackle I forgot I bought last time I was at LeBaron :) :) :)

It is known as "being in the hereafter" as in when you walk into a room and ask yourself "what am I here after?" ;)

So here"s something to ponder..... Why is it they have 5 spots for your stickers but the card is only good for three years Hmmm Something fishy for sure

I buy my sticker every year .gives them the extra paper work to process Also i never go to the self checkout at CT or WalMart I don"t want to put the girls out of a job

So the fat cats can save money??? no sireee Thats not me

I'm with you on this one. I buy all my stickers one year at a time.

What if the world does end in 2012? All those guys that buy a three year sticker this year will be burned for a year. :P