2010 Fishing Regulations Released

Michael_Brown

Thanks !!!!

Unfortunate that nothing changed in Zone 11. Still a restricted 1 month Lake Trout season for the winter on all lakes (other than stocked) when it use to be just Lake Temagami that had this... and the 12.2" Brookie size limit (initiated in 2008 with no science) still applies to STOCKED lakes. Stocked lakes were supposed to be excluded from this Brookie "slot" when the public input phase was going on prior to the launch of the 2008/2009 regs.

Edited by irishfield

awesome! ive been waiting for this to come out cause i wanted to see if they were actually gonna lower the limit on lake trout in zone 10 which they did grrrrr!

also i would like to know whats going on with bone lake behind robertson lake, it was already at 2 and is only open for a month. will it be down to one fish now?? also it says wolf lake lake trout is closed all year, that isnt the same wolf last the one in the tupper area correct?? anybody have any info on this??

awesome! ive been waiting for this to come out cause i wanted to see if they were actually gonna lower the limit on lake trout in zone 10 which they did grrrrr!

also i would like to know whats going on with bone lake behind robertson lake, it was already at 2 and is only open for a month. will it be down to one fish now?? also it says wolf lake lake trout is closed all year, that isnt the same wolf last the one in the tupper area correct?? anybody have any info on this??

Obviously local 'loogins have been taking more than their limit (or 2 limits a weekend) from these lakes. The data MNR has in that area for fisheries assessment in the last few years is extensive. Winter angling pressure has pretty much made these put and take lakes even with a reduced season, should easily have closed these for a few years.

Still have that 5 fish steelhead limit out on Lake O?

Great!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Ya i hear you on that one. And with the chinny population on the downswing that will only put more pressure on the people to get after the steelies. But that's a battle our side may never win.

From the changes that will affect anglers: http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/279507.pdf --> See Page 2

Zones "17/18 - New catch limits and size limits for sunfish: S-300, no more than 30 greater than 18cm

(7.1 inches); C-15."

Does this mean sport licences have a limit of 300 sun fish and conservation licences a limit of of only 15?

Perhaps it is a typo?

The 300/15 limit is not a typo.

The limit is meant to reflex the need for a higher limit for non-resident anglers who travel here in the spring to fish for sunfish. Most of them spend a week at local cottage rental businesses and a higher limit was established to allow a weeks worth of fishing. Only 30 are allowed over 7.1 inches to prevent overharvest of the larger sunfish which are important spawners in the fishery.

If they want to only keep larger fish than the 30/15 limit will apply.

Hope that helps.