Beauty of a day aint it. NF

misfish

Finally able to get out on the stands and boy was it ever a great morning to get out. I didnt know what to expect as far as snow went,but it was just the perfect amount.

Although there was no deer harvest,I was able to do some tracking with the fresh snow and watch some turkeys and critters and also find out the rut, is not over yet.

I planned on sitting the field for the first hour or so,then walk the bush.The deer are still active in the field,as there were tracks all over.I couldnt wait to get home to see if there was a time pattern,but they are still nocternal.Well except for one. :mellow:

I had a harem of about 30 or so turkeys fly down from the trees at daylight,and another smaller group just after.The smaller group made thier way to the field.I got to watch them for about an half an hour.

20091211_02.jpg

Also my little critter friend made a visit.

20091211_03.jpg

Like I said,I was only going to sit for a bit,then walk the bush.

This is where I find one very aggrisive srcape and another near by.And did they stink.

20091211_05.jpg

20091211_04.jpg

I layed low for an hour in some thick ceders, and did some grunting to see if I could get the boy to show,but to no avail.

Continue on with my walk.There was alot more sign then in the past.It seemed the north side of the bush was much more active then the south.Lots of deer droppings,so I know he is staying in the area.

I sat in my furthest stand til noon.Like I said,lots of tracks,but no sightings.

The days are counting down til the close. I cant believe I havent harvest one yet.Cant say I havent had my chances.

As you can see,the new six point in the area,still gots some neck on him.

Does are still around too.

20091209_69.jpg

20091209_71.jpg

20091208_61.jpg

20091208_62.jpg

20091206_23.jpg

20091209_66.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Edited by misfish

There is a bit of a second rut about 28 days after the first one. Looks like it has started. One of them brown things are gonna make a mistake. Dad seen a doe in the field behind one of my stands so im going to sit there this aft.

I vote that night vision scopes be legal and hunting time extended till about midnight :P

I am glad women are easier to get then deer....

Yep,when I get home,there she is. ZING or is that where ya been?. ;):lol:

There is a bit of a second rut about 28 days after the first one

If what I seen was a bit,man,I hate to find his first ones.Rich,there was a hole there man.He had his hoofs stamped in there like,dont mess with me.

I found alot of false attemp ones aswell. CRAZY.

I thought tonight was the night. 30 mins before dark i see a deer ( no antlers) come up through the brush and hang up just before it got into the field. It finaly comes into the field about 40 yards away and its a friggin fawn !!! I already get teased about shooting one with the shotgun so I figured I'd let it walk.

I seen the buck that I have been after all year a couple nights ago. Man its a deer even Lee or tiffany wouldnt pass up.

Still some time to fill the tags.

Great pics Brian. It was a beautiful day. Great to be outdoors but also a good day to get lots of work done. Gotta pay the bills.

Buddy,I know,but next weekend if ya can.Im doing the earlly shift this week.Need one hour on the stand in the afternoon.

its a friggin fawn !!! I already get teased about shooting one

Im sure thats one, in one of them pics Richy.If I get a chance,they can laugh all they want. :P:P

It,s a good size.

You know what Brian

I would dump doe urin all around there just before dark and come back a couple hours earlier the next night and lay it down again when you get there tampons work great. you gotta get the real pee though not the synthetic stuff.

Peter

You know what Brian

I would dump doe urin all around there just before dark and come back a couple hours earlier the next night and lay it down again when you get there tampons work great. you gotta get the real pee though not the synthetic stuff.

Peter

OK Peter

I trust ya on this one BUT,how do I explain the bag of ,,,,,well ya know,to the mrs,the bag in my truck? :o:jerry: