Dream Species for Once in your Life

Fishnwire

Most of us have weighed in on the thread about one species for the rest of your life. What about if you could go anywhere in the world and fish for any species that swims? I guess we'll say fresh or salt.

I'm pretty sure I'd go way up the Amazon for giant peacock bass. I hear they combine all the best fighting features of SMB and muskie. Every time they are mentioned on TV or a magazine the word "explosive" is used to describe them. They hammer top-waters and 20 pounders are a possibility. There are outfitters that take you up river where you stay on houseboats at night and fish from smaller craft during the day. That would be amazing.

What do you guys dream about?

Call me crazy but I have little interest in traveling far and wide to fish for exotic species. Having said that, a Frazer River sturgeon trip would be pretty cool. I'm perfectly content to stay in my own 'backyard' and fish for muskies on Lac Seul :) For a lot of ppl that's a dream trip... and I don't take that fact for granted. I'm thankful every time I'm out there!!

Call me crazy but I have little interest in traveling far and wide to fish for exotic species. Having said that, a Frazer River sturgeon trip would be pretty cool. I'm perfectly content to stay in my own 'backyard' and fish for muskies on Lac Seul :) For a lot of ppl that's a dream trip... and I don't take that fact for granted. I'm thankful every time I'm out there!!

What your saying is true. Before I found my spot, I would have considered what is now a slightly above average day as my dream day...I'd never give that up for a single excursion anywhere. I'm just saying if you were given a once in a lifetime chance to pursue anything anywhere...

good thread. :P

I would choose the fabled Skeena River in B.C., thats about as far as my exotic fishing location dreams extend from home.

bulkley_river_flowing_into_skeena_river_near_hazelton,_british_columbia.jpg

The-Rivers-Skeena.jpg

I would like to target Steelhead on "shrimp n' eggs" or wrapped kwikfish.

Hopefully get into to something memorable lol. And I know that there will be salmon, big, fat, insane, sea-run salmon.

A Skeena steelhead, wonder if it tugged good? :P

45_steelhead_172007.jpg

some more Skeena fish!

monster-steelhead.jpg

480x360-skeena-river-steelhead-on-the-fly.JPG

What your saying is true. Before I found my spot, I would have considered what is now a slightly above average day as my dream day...I'd never give that up for a single excursion anywhere. I'm just saying if you were given a once in a lifetime chance to pursue anything anywhere...

I know what you mean. I guess I should have said I'm not interested in exotic species like 'peacock bass' or 'tarpon' etc. I'm more interested in what's available in Ontario and Canada.

After seeing Kingers pics of Skeena River steelhead, however......WOW!!

Heck... I can't decide!!

Anywhere I could be the first person to fish a lake with a real chance at a double digit brook trout.

Don't think thats an option any more.

Maybe TDF floating for those searun browns

It's an option trust me, except the part about being the first person.

I have a couple lakes that fit the bill and as far as I know I'm the only one who's fished 'em in the last 30 odd years. :)

I'm pretty sure I'd go way up the Amazon for giant peacock bass. I hear they combine all the best fighting features of SMB and muskie. Every time they are mentioned on TV or a magazine the word "explosive" is used to describe them. They hammer top-waters and 20 pounders are a possibility. There are outfitters that take you up river where you stay on houseboats at night and fish from smaller craft during the day. That would be amazing.

Me too B)

A dream trip for me would be to head up to Lake of the Woods with some of my best friends for a few days of hardcore Musky fishing. We would also pass the down time by fishing for shore lunch Walleye.

I've been up in Sioux Lookout, there were some pretty good Musky lakes up there, but there was limited fishing time while I was there.