Knew I was going to be late

misfish

Leave work to move the stand, like I said in my last post.It gets dark so much faster now. :angry:

Park the truck along the corn field,get dressed,lock and load the crossbow and off I head.As I walk the corn field edge, leading to the stand,I see that massive 10 point,AGAIN. I spook him and he crash,s through the bush.I stay still for a couple of minutes and give a couple of grunts.Hopefully to give him peace of mind.After that, I head to the stand.At this point,Im thinking,maybe sit for a bit before I make the move to the new local,and see if he come back.So I sit for 30 minutes.Nothing,so ,I set up for the new local for the stand.Just 15 ft or so in from the edge of the corn field.With darkness coming,I decide to sit in the stand,didnt move it yet.Do that Saturday.Get set and dont I look way yonder, and see that doe come out again.Yep, 130 yrds away again.I decide not to do anything.No bleets or grunts. Let her do her natural thing .She had no intent coming my way tonight.Wind was blowing,so I guess her best bet was to head back from where she came.

Moved the trail cam like I mention, on that beat,n down area by the corner of the corn field Tuesday.

Few of pics,

Look at me mom.I made OFC. :lol:

20091124_09.jpg

20091124_08.jpg

20091124_12.jpg

Another weekend to come,(it,s going to be a go for broke)before the second shotgun hunt.

Thanks for reading.

Youre going to get that 10 point, its fate now.

I relocated my stand to anew property up near Milton and saw a spike while setting it up.

Going to go on Sat, buddie says there si a huge buck in there but he isnt a hunter so it could be anywear from 120 to 180.

Just happy to have a place of my own.

WOW dark to dark , man my butt gets sore after 1 1/2 hours I might get crazy and sit for 2 hours tonight lol. BUT all the books say that the biggest bucks have been shot in the middle of the day. G/L

Yea,were going to sit in the stands til noon. Then finish setting up the ladder stand in the field,and also make a ground blind where the doe has been coming out the last couple nights.

Good luck to all this weekend and next week.

Brian, instead of relocating your stand.... why not set another?? Just a suggestion :P

From the cam shots of where your stand is.... seemed that you have pretty good numbers of deers coming..... If I was you I wouldn't move it ;)

Then you can decide where you want to go on any given day.... depending on the action you get the previous time you're sitting in it.

Good luck and I think it's just a matter of time before the big boy makes a mistake

Thanks for sharing

Jacques