Moose Roast Recipe

anders

I took out a moose roast this morning, and i am now looking for a recipe for it, to cook for tomorrow or Wednesday.

Does anybody have a good one they don't mind sharing? I promise i will save you some! ;)

Thanks

Anders

I dont have a slow cooker, so it will be all oven for me.

Edited by anders

Try coating the roast with minced garlic for cooking once the bacon recipe is followed.

You can never put to much garlic or cracked peppercorns on a roast, i would kick the salt up a notch as well.

Bon appetit!

I left out half of those hoity toity ingredients. Salt, brown sugar and just enough of the other stuff to not let the liquid get too overpowering and turn it into a poached roast.

I like to precook the bacon a bit before adding to get the salt going. hate pulling soggy bacon out of the roasting pan. I can give another 2 thumbs up for BPS Cajun marinade sauce. It's more sweet than spicy and has been working great on ribs and such cooked in the oven.

4 large onions chopped

fresh rosemary

moose

1 bottle of guiness

handful of garlic cloves

olive oil

salt and pepper

Put chopped up onions and rosemary in large roasting pan. Then take a knife (no not that, the serial killer knife) and stab your roast in a variety of places . Insert a whole peeled garlic clove into the holes youve made. Salt and pepper on the moose. In a large hot frying pan avec olive oil sear the outside of the roast till brown. Put the roast in the large roasting pan on top of the onions. Add the bottle of guiness. Cover and put in the oven at 350 for 90 minutes.

Edited by Musky or Specks