whats wrong with me?!?

pike slayer

ok so the past month or so my stomach has been screwy. every couple days ive been having diaherra and a loss of appetite, it goes away after a day or so then comes back. my stomach has not been really bothering me like no pain or anything and i dont feel sick and i havent been feeling tired well not more then normal after a days work. just over a month or so ago i weighted 160 and im down to 145lb!! thats 15lb in a month! that cant be good! the weird thing is my diet has changed a bit in the past month, ive been drinking more beer, eating fast food almost daily for lunch and i've pretty much started smoking which i never thought i'd do in my life time(it started with victory cigars fishing and after so many victories i got addicted) . the only thing i can think of is my body isnt liking the change and this is its way of rebelling. on the plus side and now i look great, no more beer gut and there has been alot more women that seem to be noticing me then before and my sex life has increased! does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on? ohh and im 22 if age has something to do with it! or does anyone know of websites where i can post something like this and get answers from knowledgable ppl like an online doctor?? thanks

the squirts could be from a food allergy (or a LOT of beer). I never had any allergies growing up but in the past 10 years (now 36-yrs old) I am allergic to foods I loved.

And stress can cause you to go through changes like that as well.

Most likely just a response to smoking and diet change, but you never know? If you're really looking for advice from a doctor, then go see one, don't count on online docs to give you knowledgeable advice.

lol. in this town its not all that easy to get a doctor. me and my family been here for about 2 1/2 years now and my father is the only one with a doctor cause his mother referred him to hers. me and the rest of my family have been on a waiting list for as long as we've been living here and so are a bunch of my friends and some of my relatives. i went to emerg. with a purple swollen ankle cause i was runnin around in the bush with my boots un-done (lol kinda stupid of me) and i had to sit in the waiting room for a good 3 hours and a person who was there after me (nothing wrong with them) got in before me. anyways thats my rant. and im not sure if Gavin has a Doc. either so, maybe he can see one without goin down to the walk-in and sittin forever.

lol. in this town its not all that easy to get a doctor. me and my family been here for about 2 1/2 years now and my father is the only one with a doctor cause his mother referred him to hers. me and the rest of my family have been on a waiting list for as long as we've been living here and so are a bunch of my friends and some of my relatives. i went to emerg. with a purple swollen ankle cause i was runnin around in the bush with my boots un-done (lol kinda stupid of me) and i had to sit in the waiting room for a good 3 hours and a person who was there after me (nothing wrong with them) got in before me. anyways thats my rant. and im not sure if Gavin has a Doc. either so, maybe he can see one without goin down to the walk-in and sittin forever.

Okay, well that is unfortunate and hopefully you can find a doc, and I have waited for hours before myself so I know it's real annoying, but.... waiting a couple hours is a small price if you're legitimately worried about your health.

Also, there is a number you can call anywhere in Ontario and talk to a nurse (think it's telahealth or something like that, but I can't recall). You'd have to search the web and find it but that maybe a better option for you.

Earlier this year (the month of June) I pretty much had what you’re going through except replace “every couple days” with “everyday, 20 times a day” for 3.5 weeks. I had no pain, no cramping, no nausea, no real fatigue – In my case it was damn inconvenient and my sleep patterns were a little screwed up...Missed out on a carp fishing tourney and bunch of other trips. My diet didn’t change. I lost 7lbs in 2 weeks which doesn’t sound like much but for those who’ve met me in person, they know I didn’t have much weight to lose to begin with – I’m already stick thin and underweight as is.

My doctor thinks I might have had some sort of intestinal parasite (something like giardia or cryptosporidium – I doubt it though). By the time I finished a slough of blood tests, stool tests, abdominal and thyroid ultrasounds I no longer had the runs...My doc did say I might have other problems with my kidneys though.

See your family doctor if you can ASAP. Could be a whole bunch of stuff which can be tested for like: Celiac disease (allergies to wheat), lactose intolerance (can’t drink milk or eat cheese), allergies to other certain foods, IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome), Intestinal parasites, mild case of bacteria poisoning, etc.

That seems like ALOT in a month. I dont have alot of faith in Canadian Doctors,...Try some of the websites,..just google in your conditions and you will find a wealth of info as well as Q&A blogs where real Doctors answer you and other people with the same issues. That could take months going to see a doc. Atleast it will give you an idea of what the possibilities are. It definately sounds like a parasite, however there could be more serious things at work. Personally i like to go see the doc armed with education. it can only help you to suggest things, it makes them look harder. There are aLOT of reason you could be having what you are. First step is get off the fast food, drink more water and well beer is beer, but do what you can to chill out.

Where is Dr Salvenius? what kindof doctor is he anyways? Foot? nose and throat? CMON,..you post here daily,..say smthn....or Im gonna start making fun of your little trout pics when you live in the God Given haven of trooooot and should have much better catches ;) lol...seriously Doc, chime in here,...these guys arent alone....

I just went through 8 days of salmonella poisoning....gawd that was nasty. But sounds like you have something more chronic. Go see a doc and get a scope and blood work done.

When I first got sick, they asked for a 'sample' as they handed me a sample vial. I asked if it came with a funnel..lol.

No clue if it's genetic WD...I guess it might be because I was asked if it ran in the family.

Where is Dr Salvenius? what kindof doctor is he anyways? Foot? nose and throat? CMON,..you post here daily,..say smthn....or Im gonna start making fun of your little trout pics when you live in the God Given haven of trooooot and should have much better catches ;) lol...seriously Doc, chime in here,...these guys arent alone....

You do realize that "Salvelinus" = Char (as in brook trout and lakers) :P:lol:

When I first got sick, they asked for a 'sample' as they handed me a sample vial. I asked if it came with a funnel..lol.

Didn't they at least supply you with the popsicle sticks to start you off on your gold digging adventures? :D

22years old ...young Buck...yoyo weight....women noticing.......Id say you are RUTTING ;)

Too funny! :lol:

Edited by MJL

Go see a doctor bud. 3 hours is considered good where i'm from. People wait up to 8 here. A hospital will take better care of you then a family doctor anyway. All the family doc will do is send you for tests and maybe give you some pills. Why not just cut to the chase and go to the hospital and they can do the tests that day and give you the required medication? For now I would not eat anything with fibre (whole wheats, whole grains, whole grain cereals, fruits), but strictly foods that are high on the glycemic index ie) white bread, white rice, pasta, potatoes. These foods take longer to break down, thus your less prone to bowel movements.

I appreciate that. Can't muster the mettle to go downtown and catch decently sized fish becasue its not remote enough....he eats waa burgers and cries for dinner Ive heard.

WD, for someone 160 15lbs is alot of weight to drop in that period. Im all over not going to the doc but you best see ol' sawbones and see whats afoot. Can't chase fish or women when you're on IR.

I appreciate that. Can't muster the mettle to go downtown and catch decently sized fish becasue its not remote enough....he eats waa burgers and cries for dinner Ive heard.

I heard he can examine your lamprey and get it back to life should it go dead and limp :D

I think you’ve answered your own question man. Changing your diet, even in the slightest way, can really change other aspects of your body. Smoking can do the same thing. Everyone is different.

I changed my diet around for a 3 months period (cleanse). I had the worst for a year after that. Not kidding either, and full year if not more...

If I where you, I’d start to eat healthy and kick the smoking now, before it really screws you up. Slow down on the beer too.

I went to the doc several times with my stomach issues. (Well, a walk in clinic, if you consider those guys doctors). They basically laughed me out of the office once I told them how hard I am on my body.

I was around your age when all this happened. I went from 215lbs to 170lbs in three months.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I am a doctor of charr catchology my friend.

Is Lake Superior the "god given haven" of steelhead? Last time I checked Lake Superior's fish were much smaller. I should be making fun of the lack of fishing posts coming from you guys! I'm envious of the size and numbers of steel down south. Up here the population is naturally reproducing but in much colder, less productive water, and with a healthy native lake trout population to compete with. While we do get the odd beauty, our "average fish" are around 2-4 lbs with some 6-8lbers being our BIG ones. My fish averaged 6-8 lbs on the salmon river in pulaski! :P

If you want big trout pics you'll have to wait until brookies and lakers re-open in January! ;)

As far as your malady, as others have suggested, I'd recommend a trip to the doctor just to be sure although you said "increase in beer and fast food" and that COULD be causing you hard times.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.