Came close,but,,,,,,,

misfish

It finally arrived.Opener for the shotgun hunt.I tossed and turned all night deciding on which stand to hunt.The field or the climber,which was deep in the bush.After about a 5 hour sleep,I woke up with my game plan. :rolleyes: Hit the field at 6am.Stay til 8am. So this is what I did.I figured before all the banging started around the area,the deer just may hit the field first.Well,they didnt.The shooting picked up on the ajoining bushes,so I head to the climber.Thinking maybe they would push the deer onto the properety I was hunting.Get setup. Not 20 minutes goes by,I see legs and abit of body of a deer in the greens.Then a second.Ok it,s going to be over fast............................

Wait,theres more to the story. :blink: So the lead deer is just behind a big pine.I figured she was going to round it,and show .As I lift the gun,theres a loud whizzzzzzzzz.There were two more deer just coming up behind them.I would of never thought there would be four deer together.BUSTED. :wallbash: AGAIN :wallbash:

I stayed on watch til 3pm.Just blue jays and chickidies.

Oh well,it,s only day one.I was out for eight hours.That was good enough for me, as Im almost back to normal now,and dont need to get sick again.

Back at it again at 6am.

Heres a vid of the area I was hunting today.It,s got some great opening and greens.Good area.

Edited by misfish

Down this way I didn't see many out.

I'm sure around here hunting will be quite tough with most of the corn still standing. Seen some corn coming off today, but rain is now hitting the area.

Yeah,corn is still up here aswell.

The rain started to hit when I decided to leave.

Lads got a buck out of the field next door at 10am this morning .

Any pics Wayne?

Guest gbfisher
I heard bang... bang..bang.bang ! Guy was taking a piss in the stand.. and of course it walked by.. missed on the first shot ..lol.. but he got it with the next one's.

So much for that bag 'o' meat......Dog chows finest hour. :lol:

To bad about being taggged there Brian...I'm sure you'll get one soon enough.

Too bad about that Brian, better luck tommorow!

Here's how my opening hunt went...

Off work at 0500 hours, go home, get all my gear ready, start driving over to a beautiful piece of property, has a nice field, surround by hardwood bush and a nice hardwood ridge and a nice trail going through....might even be an airstrip close by ;)

Started driving and truck DIES :angry:

Had to get it towed, thought it was transmission (again), but it turns out to be fuel pump. Went to sleep, got up at 2 and they told me it would be ready be 3:30, thinkin I could get an afternoon hunt in....waited there until 5:15...too late :(

Start fresh tommorow morning :)