Success Tryout!!!! Jitterbug Report

Leecher

Just got back from trying out the BUG and I just can't believe the results.....

As promised, here is my report:

I left home around 2:00pm and got to Lac Leamy at 2:15pm.... tied on the BUG and not 10 minutes into trying..... BLOWOUT :w00t: SAW THE FISH COME OUT OF THE WATER B) but just barely missed it :blink: My heart stopped for a few seconds there :lol:

I kept trying that spot for a little while but did not get any more strikes so I decided to shoot a video of the retrieve to show you guys how this thing worked. Here is the video Simon style:

th_MOV02503.jpg

It works great but only one thing, have to keep the tip of the rod high so that it doesn't sink under :blush: but that's OK by me :)

I kept walking along the shoreline and stopping ever so often to work specific areas but did not get any more blowouts..... so I decided to go back to where I first started earlier and what a good decision that was :D check the video and you'll know why

th_MOV02504.jpg

This was the fourth time I got action and this time the pike did not miss the lure..... was I ever happy to finally land this beaut..... have to remember that I don't tie on leaders and with pike, had he swallowed the lure, would of snap me off...... here is another pic of it on shore

DSC02505.jpg

Now the BUG needs a new paint job cause it got scratches on it :lol:

Here a couple of pics

DSC02506.jpg

DSC02508.jpg

So all in all that was absolutely the ultimate feeling of catching a fish on a lure that I made B)

Thanks again to all that commented on my other post.... I will certainly make some adjustments for the next one I create.

Leechman

Thats awesome Leechman. I used to get excited back in scotland when I caught trout on a fly I had tied. Its excellent. Everyone should try it.

Thanks Dutchy!!! The reward was real sweet today. I still can't believe I got 4 hits in about an hour and half of fishing with this BUG.

No crap ah, nice job man. Wait amazing job man, wow must feel really good to of caught that Pike!

Thanks for sharing,

MTBF :clapping:

Thanks Mike!!! It feels real good :thumbsup_anim:

NICE!!!!! Glad to see your hard work payed dividends immediately for you!

Thanks raptorfan!!!

SWEET!! Too bad it's already patented eh??!

Nice work bud.

cheers

HD

Thanks Fidel!!! I don't think I want to make a production of it cause it's a lot of work LOL and yes it's too bad it's already patented :(

Very cool my friend.

Good job.

Thanks Brian!!!

That's excellent Jacques!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim: *insert home made lure emoticon here*!!!

It is a rush to catch a fish on a lure you made yourself!!! ;)

Great report, pics, and fish too!!! :clapping:

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Glen!!! Yes what a rush indeed B)

Great Job Jaques.

Thanks Mike!!!

Great! Always nice when a plan works! They used to make a larger one, Musky jitterbug, haven`t seen them around for a while.

Just a tip and you may be aware of it, fish blows up on your lure and misses it take something totally different, say like a soft plastic bait, eg. lizard and pitch it near the blow up, it might catch the missed fish.

pretty cool, you must be proud, i would be

Thanks walleyejigger!!! Real proud of it :canadian:

wooo hoooo wtg :worthy:

Thanks splashhopper!!!

Great! Always nice when a plan works! They used to make a larger one, Musky jitterbug, haven`t seen them around for a while.

Just a tip and you may be aware of it, fish blows up on your lure and misses it take something totally different, say like a soft plastic bait, eg. lizard and pitch it near the blow up, it might catch the missed fish.

Thanks OhioFisherman!!! Now you got me intrigued..... might just make a bigger one for gators :lol:

Good stuff nothing like seeing the fruits of your labour!

Thanks 12footspringbok!!!

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

ALL HAIL THE MASTER CRAFTMEN!

Thanks Kevin!!! Did you and Paul go bass fishing yesterday??

Wow, the action on that baby was pretty impressive :thumbsup_anim: (who cares if you need to keep the tip up). Gotta say, that thing seems to run a lot more like the real deal than I would have guessed. I've never made a lure, but I can imagine it's a pretty good feeling when you land a fish on one of your own! Great report!!

BTW Did you know there were snot rockets in there, if so, that's pretty risky fishing your homemade lure without a leader don't you think? Imagine this post if it was just a story about "the one that got away"...with your lure. It just wouldn't have been the same.

Wow, the action on that baby was pretty impressive :thumbsup_anim: (who cares if you need to keep the tip up). Gotta say, that thing seems to run a lot more like the real deal than I would have guessed. I've never made a lure, but I can imagine it's a pretty good feeling when you land a fish on one of your own! Great report!!

BTW Did you know there were snot rockets in there, if so, that's pretty risky fishing your homemade lure without a leader don't you think? Imagine this post if it was just a story about "the one that got away"...with your lure. It just wouldn't have been the same.

Thanks Jay!!! Very impressed with the action also. One thing, it doesn't produce the flocking sound as loud as the real deal but works the same. Like I said previously you must raise the tip of the rod high when you start the retrieve and once it wobbles, can lower the tip B)

I knew there was pike in the area I was fishing and was kind of gutsy to not tie on a leader but I did not expect to get a hit from a snot rocket let alone any fish :lol:

It was pretty cool to see this snake finally nail the bug and the ultimate feeling when I landed it B) B)

Jacques