Local Tribs

tizfun

Ok. I have a question for you all... I drove by Duffins Creek in Ajax yesterday and it was just packed in with fish. Called a friend to let him know and he wants to fish it later today or tomorrow.. Now, I explained that the close of the season was yesterday but he says it's only for rainbow/browns and not Salmon... Is he right ?? Can we still fish for them ??

If so, you may want to have a look out that way... I couldn't count the number of fish I saw yesterday..

Tiz

duffins is considered "Durham" so....

ADDITIONAL ZONE 17 FISHING OPPORTUNITIES

Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout and Pacific Salmon Extended Fall Season (4th Sat. in April to Dec. 31)

Regional Municipality of Durham - all waters

between Hwy. 2 and the southerly limit of the C.N.R.

right-of-way

Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout and Pacific Salmon Extended Fall Season (4th Sat. in April to Dec. 31)

right-of-way

You spoiled all my fun! lol

You spoiled all my fun! lol

Sorry, but there is a secret on page 4. ;)

right-of-way

is this it not familiar with the area so my bad !

it happens.

zoom in on the map on page 1. see the 2 rivers that split by the word "Pickering" that is Duffins.

right-of-way

and open all year from the southery limit of the C.N.R to Lake Ontario

Okay, so we're clear on that.. but this spot is north of the CNR tracks and well north of Hwy 401 & Hwy 2.. We're fished for them @ Wilmont Creek years ago and north of the CNR bridge... Ah well, just the thought of hooking into one would have been nice...

Thanks to all for their input... Always Always is this board a great place to ask..

TC

Tiz

So your saying Other than the Ganny, you can fish Wilmont, Bowmanville, Oshawa and Duffins from Hwy 2 south...All rivers in Durham

You might want to clairify the book..... Over the past years Ganny cnr south, Wilmont Cnr South, Bowmanville HWY 2 South, Oshawa CNR south and Duffins Cnr South ,

Maybe its changed but I am not sure....

Please make sure as Mitch (CO) is very active right now looking for people in closed areas...

Good Luck

Dave

right-of-way

Becarefull of the AND, its river by river access

Edited by DMASSE

Rather than posting what used to be, read the current regs:

Northumberland County - all waters downstream of

Hwy. 2, except the Ganaraska River which may only

be fished downstream of the south side of the C.P.R.

bridge

right-of-way

Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout and Pacific Salmon Open all year

Cobourg Brook (Cobourg Creek/Factory Creek)

– between the southerly limit of the C.N.R. right-ofway

and Lake Ontario

Gages Creek - between the southerly limit of the

C.N.R. right-of-way and Lake Ontario

Ganaraska River - between the southerly limit of the

C.N.R. right-of-way and Lake Ontario

Regional Municipality of Durham - all waters lying

between the southerly limit of the C.N.R. right-of-way

and Lake Ontario

Yes Dave, all waters is correct as long as you are South of HWY 2 for the rest of 2009.

do you want to email Mitch or should I to make sure on the "AND" portion? To me, if you are standing on HWY 2 and you want to fish you have to be on the South side of the rd and that's about it. Then in the new year you must be South of the CNR tracks. But they will have a new 2010-2011 book out so that may change...

So your saying Other than the Ganny, you can fish Wilmont, Bowmanville, Oshawa and Duffins from Hwy 2 south...All rivers in Durham

You might want to clairify the book..... Over the past years Ganny cnr south, Wilmont Cnr South, Bowmanville HWY 2 South, Oshawa CNR south and Duffins Cnr South ,

Maybe its changed but I am not sure....

Please make sure as Mitch (CO) is very active right now looking for people in closed areas...

Good Luck

Dave

right-of-way

Becarefull of the AND, its river by river access

DMASSE, I’m a little confused about the point you’re trying to get across.

The year round sections for ALL durham region rivers (Ganny is part of Northumberland county) is the southern edge of the CNR bridge down to Lake Ontario (You have Bowmanville listed at hwy 2 south which is incorrect if you are referring to that as the year round section). The CNR bridge has always been the year round boundary for as long as I can remember fishing Durham region.

There however exists an extended season for pacific salmon, brown trout and rainbow trout post Sept 30 to Dec 31 from the south side of highway 2 down to Lake Ontario for all rivers in Durham – Come January 1st 2010, you must fish all rivers in Durham region south of the CNR bridge till the trout season opener. The AND that you are referring to represents the transition point at which the year round section and the extended season section meet (that’s all).

No Sorry my misconception was that certain rivers had different access this time of year, Like Wilmont, I was under the impression that it is closed past the CNR bridge, and its not, its HWY 2 I know for sure that Bowmanville is open to HWY 2....and Oshawa is CNR But Hwy 2 and CNR are 50 ft apart...

I email Mitch and Wil Wagmen and got the correct info....... I have been fishing these rivers for 15+ years and didnt know Wilmont was HWY 2 after Sept LOL

Anyway all I was saying be sure because I know Mitch is out looking for poachers.

Dave