NHL 2010

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

The real Champs will be the winners of the eight game season series between the HABS and the Leafs, Remember Leaf Lovers, OUR last Stanley Cup picture is in COLOUR!

GO HABS GO ! :clapping:

I'm not a hockey fan but that was priceless. :thumbsup_anim:

Roy, I've ended alot of spirited arguements with that line!! :blahblah1:

Not much of an argument ender when it is incorrect. You, or your parents, may not have had a colour TV then, but the cup was filmed in colour. Some regular season games were however still filmed in B & W in the early 1970's.

Please, if you are going to engage in lame trash talk at least stick to the truth. Carry on.

Habs stole that game....suck it LEAFS! and I hope you guys enjoy Komi gettin 8 penalties LOL what a loser

You should seek therapy my friend. Anyone that uses the word suck and loser as often as you do has a serious problem. Your parents must have raised you right by leaving you alone with no friends. :lol: :lol:

Habs stole that game....suck it LEAFS! and I hope you guys enjoy Komi gettin 8 penalties LOL what a loser

I agree 100% It was only when Komi was in the Box that the Canadians actually tried to shoot on net, other wise they were getting rid of the puck afraid of getting hurt. But I do like that North American line that the Canadians finally put togeather. Its nice seeing them at least making an attempt to get near the crease. We are Talking Gomez, Gionta and Cammalleri. I like Torontos game though, nice to see some toughness now.

I agree 100% It was only when Komi was in the Box that the Canadians actually tried to shoot on net, other wise they were getting rid of the puck afraid of getting hurt. But I do like that North American line that the Canadians finally put togeather. Its nice seeing them at least making an attempt to get near the crease. We are Talking Gomez, Gionta and Cammalleri. I like Torontos game though, nice to see some toughness now.

Just before the implosion I was thinking that if only they could have swapped goaltenders (Price for Toskala) the score would have been something like 5-1. Price was very solid. Toskala was Toskala. He had some good moments, but not enuf of them.

Hopefully K. will stifle his enthusiasm for games against other teams. If it had started after the Habs started running Toskala I might have assumed it was a message being sent, albeit rather clumsily, but it just seemed to be the way he was gonna play that game. Hopefully it was because he felt he had something extra to prove to his old buddies, and not a sign of how it's gonna be all year.

JF

Well after last night my two perdictions for the finals were embarresed. Thank god its only the first night. But what a first night it was...i think we will see some teams this year play as if they have something to prove....Washington being one of them...they played like they were obsessed...Ovie...wow....against my Bruins at that. Luongo looked ....err...human...he played weak, however the flames played a sutter like style of hockey which was nice to see...as fer the Leafs and Habs....didnt watch...dont care....but the Avs over the Sharks in convincing style...impressive...if the sharks keep that up...i think you will be very happy witht the way the year will turn out Doc...except for your sens finishing just out of the playoffs! hahaha

but it just seemed to be the way he was gonna play that game. Hopefully it was because he felt he had something extra to prove to his old buddies, and not a sign of how it's gonna be all year.

JF

Jonh, don't think it was something he had to prove..... it may very well be how he's going to play for the reminder of the year. He likes playing a physical game and got to lurn to keep his stick on the ice and not in the other team players face...... he took bad penalties for high sticking and that cause the game to switch momemtum in favour of the Habs.

That Habs line Gomez, Gionta and Cammalleri is a great addition and brings another level of offense and speed.

My only disapointment was Gill.... man that guy is like slow moe compared to the other players. He caused a lot of turnovers :wallbash: but hopefully he will ajust his game as the season progress.

Leechman

Jonh, don't think it was something he had to prove..... it may very well be how he's going to play for the reminder of the year. He likes playing a physical game and got to lurn to keep his stick on the ice and not in the other team players face...... he took bad penalties for high sticking and that cause the game to switch momemtum in favour of the Habs.

That Habs line Gomez, Gionta and Cammalleri is a great addition and brings another level of offense and speed.

My only disapointment was Gill.... man that guy is like slow moe compared to the other players. He caused a lot of turnovers :wallbash: but hopefully he will ajust his game as the season progress.

Leechman

Hall Gill hasnt adjusted his game since he came into the league with the Bruins. He is a pilon out there that is useless...he's slow, bad with the puck, causes turnovers, and takes bad penalties throughout his career....Im glad he's not in a Bruins uniform.

The only thing he brings to the team is the playoff expeirence of watching how his teammates can win a cup

You should seek therapy my friend. Anyone that uses the word suck and loser as often as you do has a serious problem. Your parents must have raised you right by leaving you alone with no friends. :lol: :lol:

ohh someone got BUTTHURT that the leafs lost last niiiight. and I am in therapy...

Flames and Bruins for the finals and the cup goes to ....THE FLAMES

1st game 2-1 Bruins

2nd game 1-0 Flames

3rd game 3-2 Flames

4th game 4-1 Bruins

5th game 3-2 (OT) Flames

6th game 4-2 Bruins

7th game 1-0 Flames ( OT)

Ive got balls of steel to post this cuz im not allowed to use my powers for gambling ...but oh well ...its not like we all dont know this already... :rolleyes:

Well Price stole the show when it comes right down to it.. not his team... and the Leaf's did their usual final 5 minute choke routine ! Ice the puck 3 times in 12 seconds.. :huh: ... Looks like another year of the same old from them...

Shut up. YOU PENCIL NECK GEEK :P;):lol:

Go bury yer head in a snow drift. Just like a turkey would. :lol::P:)

Both teams played well. Young and strong.

It,s going to be an interesting season forsure.

Flames? Thats a story to be told. Dont let big names fool ya.

Edited by misfish

Leechman

I guess I have a soft spot for Gill. He reminds me of me when I played, not that I got anywhere near the NHL. :P I can sympathize with big guys who just have to stand there and watch the little buzzers scoot hither and yon. Gill would have been a star back in the day when defencemen were expected to stay at home and clear the front of the net and most of them were less than 6' tall. Thank Heaven I played back in those days. Today my pylon imitation and blistering shot (that often made it over the goal line, but not between the pipes) wouldn't make me a hero among heroes.

JF

Not much of an argument ender when it is incorrect. You, or your parents, may not have had a colour TV then, but the cup was filmed in colour. Some regular season games were however still filmed in B & W in the early 1970's.

Please, if you are going to engage in lame trash talk at least stick to the truth. Carry on.

LIGHTEN-UP !!

I guess I'm a liar.

Guess I should have seen it earlier that guy with a name like kickingfrog wouldn't be a Habs fan.

B)

Edited by Jack-of-all-fish

LIGHTEN-UP !!

I guess I'm a liar.

Guess I should have seen it earlier that guy with a name like kickingfrog wouldn't be a Habs fan.

B)

Lighten-up? I'm not the one who has attached my masculinity to the success, or lack thereof, to a particular sports team. I love sports, but I do not think for one second that I am superior to someone else solely due to the results of a game. :thumbsup_anim:

You are also completely wrong about the origins, or meaning, of my "handle", but that is nothing that you are not already used to. ;)

Enjoy the season.

HAHAHA, I love hockey posts!

Leafs to come out of the East???? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, they will be lucky to even make the playoffs. I say they finish 9th.

This year is going to be interesting though, but this is what I think:

East Finals - Phi/Wsh

West Finals - Det/Chi

Cup: Wsh/Det

Cup Winner: Det in 7

The wings will be hungry this year because of last year's finish.

Sure they dont have Hossa...but he didnt even play last year did he?!?! lol

Lighten-up? I'm not the one who has attached my masculinity to the success, or lack thereof, to a particular sports team. I love sports, but I do not think for one second that I am superior to someone else solely due to the results of a game. :thumbsup_anim:

You are also completely wrong about the origins, or meaning, of my "handle", but that is nothing that you are not already used to. ;)

Enjoy the season.

Hey Mr. Serious, my posts were intended to be humorous, including the adaptation of your on-line name. Others saw the humour in them. Geez go fishin' or something.

Edited by Jack-of-all-fish