Shimano Rod Sale @ Canadian Tire

jaysonmarion@gmail.com

Shimano Bob Izumi Signature Pro Series

Normally $69.99 on for $39.99.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5/Sp...shing%2BRod.jsp

Has it got decent backbone? I'm not as concerned about tip sensitivity (cuz I have no feel for it yet apparently) but I like the control I get with good backbone. Whippy rods don't do it for me any more. I don't want a tuna rod, but I want some decent stiffness ( no dirty comments necessary here) in my rod.

JF

i have the shimano rod your talking about and i bought it at full price and it was well worth the money. i love this rod soooo nice. i got it in the 6'6" medium fast action spinning rod. im not sure exactly on the IM6 or IM7. has a sticker that says HC-SF and the details say shimano bis-66mb2 length 6'6" line wt:6-14lb lure wt: 18-5/8oz power: medium action fast. i highly recommend this rod. it feels and acts like a $200 rod but at a much cheaper price and i have caught ALOT of fish with it and decent sized ones to! go get 5 of them haha!

Stratford has 'em. I just got a 7' 2 piece spinning rod MH fast action. It doesn't feel too bad for $40. I'll try it out on some bass tonight.

There were still some trigger rods and a few spinning rods. One UL 5 1/2 footer that I almost bought.

JF

I wouldn't mind picking up that 5'6 UL. I'll have to go by the local Crappy Tire today.

Let me know if you can't find it and I'll grab the one here for you. I go right out by the store going home now so it's no problem. It seems like a nice little rod.

JF

i got the 7' MH spinning last time they went on sale there for the same price. love it!! great for topwater bass and pike. lots of backbone to horse them out of the weeds and to the boat. also got a free one year subscription to Real Outdoors. Highly recomend

Jesse

Has it got decent backbone? I'm not as concerned about tip sensitivity (cuz I have no feel for it yet apparently) but I like the control I get with good backbone. Whippy rods don't do it for me any more. I don't want a tuna rod, but I want some decent stiffness ( no dirty comments necessary here) in my rod.

JF

sometimes they just write themselves John... :lol:

she was only a fishermans daughter but man ....you shoulda seen her reel when she saw my rod!

I was looking at them but I can't get myself to buy one. Main reason is every rod needs a reel lol. I got 1 good baitcast setup and am looking at a M action 2nd combo...most likely with another Daiwa Megaforce then I am g2g for rods this year...Maybe I'll go back tomorrow and reconsider...that reel might come on sale in the spring at BPS.

Nice rod's though. pretty light and well made from the looks of it. Sale ends tomorrow(I'm assuming when the store closes).

I have a few $100+ rods and my most exp is a 13 foot Gloomis next to that is my 7 foot gloomis gl3 and it does make a difference but I also have a shimano clarus which is under a hundred and a BPS extreme that was $70 and both are great rods it just depends what you want to spend that's why they make so many get what you can afford and upgrade I had a 12 foot izumi signature series and loved it for salmon it all comes down to personal preference if your trying to be a pro-angler that you need the best if your a weekend warior than a less exp rod is just fine.