Motor stolen

mistaredone

I have been storing my boat in my sisters building underground this summer and when I went to pick up my boat today I find an empty spot where my motor used to be. Damn!!!!! It was a 90hp Evanrude tracker 92-93. I have insurence on the boat but im sure this will still cost me a bundle. Also my gps with navionics chip and fish finder consols are gone. These guys must have known what they were doing to pull this job off. The engine weighs 300lbs, cables, wires, bolts under the deck, ugh! So far I have checked kijiji and craigslist looking for my motor but no luck. If anyone can think of other places I should look or advice for the process ahead would help.

Thanks

Steve

Im not 100% on the year

ofn5.jpg

ofn3.jpg

The carnage

ofn1.jpg

ofn2.jpg

Edited by mistaredone

That's scary... where bouts in missisauga was that? will keep an eye out in the Kawarthas also.

It was taken Erinmills and 403. I appreciate you keeping an eye out.

I just got back from making a police report. A good tip going forward was to take down serial the numbers for your gps, trolling motor, fish finders ect in the rare case of recovery.

Man I feel low.

Sorry to hear about your loss; a lot of :asshat :asshat::S out there looking for a quick $.

I park in an underground where I work and just recently noticed a camera in the ceiling at the exit door, maybe you can ask them if they have one and get the tapes.

My son in law a few years back got his car taken (Honda SIR) out of a Canadian Tire parking lot at 1 pm. He is the GM and when his employees asked where he went for lunch he told them he hadn't gone yet; maybe not you but the car did, NOT a trace of it.

Good luck.

that happened in an underground? that sucks...I usually think of my underground parking as safer than above ground. I leave tonnes of gear in my car in plain sight when i'm in my lot. Check that, I USED to keep lots of gear in my car. Not any more.

Just finished with the marine guy from the insurence company. He said to have a marina do an estimate done for the whole job, motor, cables ect. Any marina sugestions would help. Hopefully this dose not drag out and I can get back out on the water before the season ends.

Sounds like you are in good hands with the insurance guy (pun intended if with State Farm or is that All State?)

Are they replacing your motor with new or used equipement? The reason I ask is it might be the time to upgrade to a four stroke, even if you have to pay the difference.

Tom.

I will get a quote of the whole job, motor included but I think the motor will be given a book value. The equipment will be used. The value on the insurence for boat, trailer and motor as a whole is $10,000.