Motor stolen

mistaredone

He mentioned its 92-93 model year. That motor on kijiji is 94.

Not that it matters at this point, but he also said he wasn't 100% on the year. The ad was relatively new at the time - I had a quick look and saw it - figured it was worth the shot. Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by Bicephalic

I used the serial number to find the exact year and it turned out to be a 93. I took the boat to City Marine in Etobicoke since they do repair, glass body work and used motor sales. One stop shop. My quote for the job should be in by the end of the day and ill pass it straight on the the insurence company. Figers crossed. Ill update again when I get all the info.

Steve

For those wondering about the serial number.

The model number is TE90TLETS

T = Tracker

E = Evinrude

90 = HP

T = Tilt & Trim/Electric start

L = 20 inch shaft

ET = year of manufacture: 1993

S = production run identifier

the rest is the serial number.

• 3 weeks later...

So after 2 weeks of City Marine dragging thier feet to get me a quote and dealing with the marine adjuster and RBC it seems to all be wrapping up. I got book value on the motor $2800, repairs and labour on boat $2200 and electronics $1000 minus deductable $500 and im getting a check for about $5500. It ended as a cash settlement due to city marine quoating on a motor that was a few years newer than the one I had. All in all im pretty happy with the settlement. RBC were good people to deal with. Ill be at City Marine bright and early tommorrow to talk to them.

Its been a long and painfull time being land locked. Thanks to the guys who offered to take me out even though schedules never worked out. Wendle, Glen, Skipper Sam, Workwear much appreciated

Another school of thought I have right now is blowing off the end of the season, selling the boat and trailer and upgrading in the spring........ It might be the smart thing to do but the thought of being on the water next week might be too much.

Edited by mistaredone