Needed to get out fishing!! A few nice fish!

ccmtcanada

Friday was a very busy day for me. My flight took off from Beirut, Lebanon at just past midnight...early Friday morning Toronto time. I was in Switzerland by 4am...then onto Montreal and finally Toronto. I landed at 5pm and finally got home around 7pm. To say I was a little tired is a bit of an understatement! Anyhow, after a good night's sleep Friday, I was itching to get out and do some fishing...but the weather forecast wasn't looking all that great. Small craft advisory for the evening...windy...rain...but all afternoon long, it held off.

We decided to launch in a local harbour, hopefully protected from the winds...and see what we could tease. We were on the water by 5pm...looking for some Salmon that may be in the area. The fish finder was marking all kinds of fish, but we couldn't entice many hits, but we did manage a few fish.

Trolling along in 8 to 10 feet of water, I felt a hit! It wasn't a salmon, but it was giving some pretty good headshakes. Turns out it was an ok sized pike...not very long, but had some girth on it...this one had been busy gorging for the fall/winter! The most interesting thing about this one was the blue tinge to it...especially in and around the mouth...here's a few pictures.

01pike.jpg

02bluepike.jpg

The winds and rain did pick up...so trolling got very difficult...so we decided to set up drifts...still hoping to see a salmon. About a half hour before we were going to call it a night, Bly yells "Fish On!". This one peeled line....so we knew it was what we were looking for. A 10 minute fight bringing it back in and she landed a nice 38", 19 pound salmon.

0338inch19pound.jpg

Who knows...maybe we'll try again tonight, since I took Monday off to "recover from jet lag" from my business trip.

Who cares if the Mrs has a habit of whoopin yer sorry arse. Most fellas are droolin because they wish they had a wife half as good as yours. You get to fish all the time, Heck, Bly probably has to kick you out of bed to get moving on the next fishing adventure.

Yeah, I hate fishing with my wife as well since she usually kicks my arse all over the place too..........mind you, I spend all my time unhooking her fish for her so I do get to fish less but that's no excuse.

Nice report and welcome back from the Pearl of the Med.

Hey now...we were targeting Pike...how did she outfish me?? LOL.

ummm Cliiffffff:

Your opening posts says>>>

"We decided to launch in a local harbour, hopefully protected from the winds...and see what we could tease. We were on the water by 5pm...looking for some Salmon that may be in the area. The fish finder was marking all kinds of fish, but we couldn't entice many hits, but we did manage a few fish."....

so... MAN UP and admit it... BLY KICKED YER BUTT AGAIN :whistling:

want that hug now?

lol

ummm Cliiffffff:

Your opening posts says>>>

"We decided to launch in a local harbour, hopefully protected from the winds...and see what we could tease. We were on the water by 5pm...looking for some Salmon that may be in the area. The fish finder was marking all kinds of fish, but we couldn't entice many hits, but we did manage a few fish."....

so... MAN UP and admit it... BLY KICKED YER BUTT AGAIN :whistling:

want that hug now?

lol

Was wondering if anyone was going to call him on this LOL Thanks!