Scugog River Succes At Last

MCTFisher9120

As any other story I went out this evening in search for a Musky that I had last night on the Scugog River. Throwing around a buzzbait and some jerk baits on the new setup I finally got around to using a Spinnerbait, something that is a new bait to me, never had the right tools for the job of throwing it.

Was at the same spot as last night and attached a White Booyah Spinerbait onto my leader and rolled it straight on in, same as last night I had this BIG river Largemouth Smash the bait up close to shore just where the water clarity gets murky and bam, smashed it and was instantly hooked, peeled some drag then I loosened it and my buddy was up right fast to get the photos.

It weighed 4lb even and this was a true Scugog River Trophy IMO. Also this was my first fish on the Baitcast setup and my first on a Spinnerbait. Was amazing to see, btw the reel was flawless again tonight, even was throwing dingers after and was having no problems making excellent distance.

Photo's:

Not a mark on her, pure beauty

ScreenHunter_01Sep231942.jpg

Length shot(guessing 18-20")

ScreenHunter_02Sep231943.jpg

Now the spinnerbait+Rod shot lol

ScreenHunter_03Sep231943.jpg

Glory at last

ScreenHunter_01Sep232156.jpg

And my favorite, the release shot

ScreenHunter_04Sep231943.jpg

Put in the time and success will occur,

Yours Truly

MTBF B)

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

good job

scugog river can really suck, I know.....

you'll be happy when the walleye come in though......wait till you see the run in spring as well!

go fleming

ps those berkley powerbait t-tail minnows in white will out-fish anything you throw in there

good job

scugog river can really suck, I know.....

you'll be happy when the walleye come in though......wait till you see the run in spring as well!

go fleming

ps those berkley powerbait t-tail minnows in white will out-fish anything you throw in there

Link to the color? I think I have the same minnows but in a shad type pattern, t-rigged?

Sweet!! Nice catch!! How you liking the Baitcast Bud?

Unreal, wish I had more of them, casting is second to none with mine. Great fight feel also and the slightest thump from lures is so nice to feel.

10/10 Wonder where BPS Christmas $$ will go to this year lol

I got some pic's up on FB Rob if you want to get the comments going on there for me bra.

You really got those Largemouths dialed in this this year. Nice job.

Yes sir, my Big 3 are a,

6lb 13oz

4lb 10oz

4lb's

Looking to upgrade the single digit 4 but man, not to bad for a beginner boat'r. Funny thing is the biggest and the smallest of the 3 came off shore, the other was from the boat.

O well, looks like a good year in my books so far!

Thanks for the comments also fello fishers. If any of you have been fishing a area for several trips and came out with nothing a fish like this gives you a burst of confidence and satisfaction.

MTBF