Some old photos

kickingfrog

I have started to go through some of my family's albums. Here are a few that I thought some of us here might like.

My Dad's family was from Woodstock Ontario, but they rented a cottage on Nipissing most summers during the 50's and 60's, until they bought a place a few bays over, now my uncle's home.

Both my uncle and my dad met and married girls from North Bay.

My Grandfather, Hinchberger's Bay, Lake Nipissing Summer 1960.

Looks like he's got two monsters. :lol:

scan0024.jpg

My Grandmother, Grandfather and my dad. Hinchberger's Bay, Lake Nipissing Summer 1960

scan0029.jpg

My Uncle and my Dad. Hinchberger's Bay, Lake Nipissing Summer 1960

scan0025.jpg

My Dad. Hinchberger's Bay, Lake Nipissing Summer 1960

scan0026.jpg

The lure looks like what I would call a pikie. Hinchberger's Bay, Lake Nipissing Summer 1960

scan0023.jpg

These my have been taken on the Magnetawan River early 60's. Anybody know about a Meadow Inn???

My Dad's 2 older brothers

scan0039.jpg

A friend of my uncles'

scan0038.jpg

My Uncle Bill.

scan0040.jpg

My Dad.

scan0030.jpg

These my have been taken on the Magnetawan River early 60's. Anybody know about a Meadow Inn???

My Dad's 2 older brothers

scan0039.jpg

I beat TJ at this one. Meadow Inn is just down the road from TJ. It was on Little Sturgeon R. L. Nipissing HWY 17 I used to fish there myself in the late 60's . I have to do some searching, got pictures from there myself. You bring back memory's. All the guys I fished with there are all dead now, of coarse one was my Dad. Man that scares me. Lots of Pike off Jocko Pt.almost every cast. Walleye by the Stringer. Not to far from the Sturgeon Weirs. They used to strip the Sturgeon for the Caviar. MAN those were the DAYS. I have to get the Kleenex :unsure:

Nice pictures. Thankyou.

I'm just cringing seeing him walk on that nice varnished deck with hard soled shoes though :o

I know what you mean, but at the time they were just boats.

Great shots KF.

I really like those old shots too.

The Hinchberger's were long time customers of the boat shop. And Bill Hinchberger was my mom's cousin.

My family knew Billy fairly well. Small, small world eh Bernie?

I beat TJ at this one. Meadow Inn is just down the road from TJ. It was on Little Sturgeon R. L. Nipissing HWY 17 I used to fish there myself in the late 60's . I have to do some searching, got pictures from there myself. You bring back memory's. All the guys I fished with there are all dead now, of coarse one was my Dad. Man that scares me. Lots of Pike off Jocko Pt.almost every cast. Walleye by the Stringer. Not to far from the Sturgeon Weirs. They used to strip the Sturgeon for the Caviar. MAN those were the DAYS. I have to get the Kleenex :unsure:

Most of the people in those photos only live on in my memories too. Great memories though. Thanks for the heads-up about the location.

Great old photos!

There's nothing left of the Meadow Inn docks now except some sections of rotten wood you wouldn't want to step on. There's also a rotten shack down by the shore. A couple of the cabins at the top of the steep slope have been refurbished as private homes, by the look of it. You can pass right by the place on the highway and not even know there was a thriving business there.

The docks on the other side (in the background of your photo) are pretty well all gone too.

My parents and I were launching from the steep launch right beside the highway in the 50's and early 60's to fish the Jocko Point and Goose Islands areas.

My wife and I canoed up the river from the lake in the spring. The picture below is taken in the opposite direction from your photo. You can see the shack just above my wife's arm. Basically there's nothing else left there except muddy, overgrown riverbank.

IMG_6277crp.jpg