Concrete Boat Launch Ramps in Kawartha's

bigbuck

I've got the boat at home this weekend from G-Bay and I was wondering if there are any concrete ramps that are public or marina owned in the Kawartha's, especially Pigeon or Buckhorn lakes. My van is front wheel drive and I'll have a heck of a time trying to pull the boat out on a gravel ramp. Thanks in advance guys.

B

I actually used the ramp in Bobcaygeon between Gordon Yacht Club and Riverside Lodge, only problem was that the shoal just past the bridge was not marked and I bounced off of a rock and trashed my prop. I spent the summer boating in Georgian Bay with it's gazillions of rocks and I end up hitting one in the Kawartha's. Anyways, it's always smart to keep a spare prop on the boat along with the necessary tools, otherwise, I would have ended up heading back home.

The fishing was so so, we caught a few smallies and tons of slab rock bass, and sunfish. No walleye and more importantly for myself, no muskie.

Edited by bigbuck

I can't believe that the markers were removed so early. The locks are still open to navigation until thanksgiving. I live on Pigeon Lake and the levels are reduced after Thanksgiving by the Trent Severn Waterway Commission and the markers are removed by the Ministry of Transport or Coast Guard. I will check them out my next trip up the lake, and let everyone know. You never know someone may have decided to save some kids salary and layed them off early.