I just missed the BEST picture

Dara

I have a rant about the drivethrough at coffee shops. Timmies is really bad for people blocking the road waiting in line.

I was just at a local coffee shop and there was a line to the road. I went inside to get my coffee. When I came out and got into my truck, I look at the line and here is a cop in line blocking traffic on the road. I scrambled but couldn't find my camera. Forgot all about my phone camera till it was too late. Once in a lifetime oportunity...I hope not.

I sure would have liked to post that on our local news site Soo Today.

Remember guys, always have a camera ready. You never know :angry:

PS if I would have waited in the drivethrough line, I still would have been third from the front when I left.

We have many but one TH here in Kingston is terrible for trying to get by...the one on King St.

Always a huge line up going in, sometimes 1/2 way up the hill blocking everyone. The road is a 2 lane going down town; one goes left (towards Queen's), the other straight thru.

So if you get blocked and are not going in, it's a queen trying to get around the line up. And of course, no one decides to attempt to get to the drive-thru, until they get to the enterence and forget to put on their turn signal so you rarely get the opportunity to think ahead and go around before you're caught too.

There's a big sign on the other side of the road showing that you're not to turn left to get in from the other side. No one obeyed so they finally put up road barriers but recently took them out last week.

This morning, of course, some idiot didn't obey the sign, and blocked everyone from going anywhere, taking the left to the drive-thru.

Who ever let this place have a drive-thru in the first place, should be left everyday to direct traffic in a monkey suit!

Cheers

lol Dara, there was only one time i seen i seen a line up on the road up here but then again im not much of a timmies person but i always used to see that stuff go on in southern ontario and was very annoyed by it! but haha! a cop blocking the road... thats classic

Cops can't have a 15 minute coffee break like the rest of the world??? ALONE in a drive through line. Shore lunch, that picture of all the OPP cars was taken in Western region a few years ago. A mother went into labor in the rest room. That picture sure has drawn a lot of negative attention.

I went to get tims at 730 am and the line up was horrible. blocking all the people wanting to leave after getting gas. and at each pump there was another car waiting to take its spot. it was just nuts. I actually had to fold my mirrors in to get the hell outta there.

Go to Country Style. The coffee's better. ;)

Interesting bit of trivia... My wife and I were at the North Bay Country Style one morning getting coffee-to-go as we were making our last stop before heading down the highway to Kingston. There were two OPP cruisers in the lot, the officers sitting inside having a coffee. The interesting thing about it was that the cruisers were parked at the back of the parking lot behind the coffee shop, even thought there were plenty of spaces at the front, closer to the doors. I'll bet it's policy for the officers to park at the back so that the cruisers attract less attention.

Watch for it in other places. :)

That timmies is in tillsonburg and the lady that was in labor and delivered her little girl in the bath room with help from her husband is a friend of my wife and the little girl isn't so little anymore I think she's 5 now. T-burg has a ridiculous amount of OPP for the size of the town which is why so many responded to the call

Go to Country Style. The coffee's better. ;)

Interesting bit of trivia... My wife and I were at the North Bay Country Style one morning getting coffee-to-go as we were making our last stop before heading down the highway to Kingston. There were two OPP cruisers in the lot, the officers sitting inside having a coffee. The interesting thing about it was that the cruisers were parked at the back of the parking lot behind the coffee shop, even thought there were plenty of spaces at the front, closer to the doors. I'll bet it's policy for the officers to park at the back so that the cruisers attract less attention.

Watch for it in other places. :)

Actually this was at Country Style. I like it better too, and the lines are shorter.

Please note, I don't have a problem with a cop having a coffee, I just don't think too much of traffic being blocked like that. Its inconsiderate and illegal.

Actually this was at Country Style. I like it better too, and the lines are shorter.

Please note, I don't have a problem with a cop having a coffee, I just don't think too much of traffic being blocked like that. Its inconsiderate and illegal.

Wait, there's a law that says you can't be on a road waiting to get in to a parking lot? This isn't the fault of the cop or anyone waiting in line, it's the fault of tim hortons (or country style / whoever) and their responsibility to handle their own traffic imo. They obviously purchased land too small for the drive-thru and should be held responsible.

Edited by Governator

So why don't you take a picture today? or was it because the cop was in line? I bet you would be the first one to complain that a cop was giving out tickets to people getting coffee and that they don't have nothing better to do then get real criminals? think about it, your wait inside would be real long...... Dara I am not attacking you I just hate it when people "go after cops" they are just like the rest of the world. The reason they parked at the back of the building is because of people who take pictures and post them on the internet. Can't people just leave them alone for 15 minutes before they get dispatched to their next call.... that could be their last?????

Sure, there's an unfair stereotype obout cops and coffee shops. I have nothing against the boys (and girls) in blue having a coffee --- they need a break just like the rest of us.

But if you want a funny picture, Kingston would be the place. The city police station and a Tim Horton's are right side-by-side. :)

In Sturgeon Falls, the town changed one of the intersections to "No Left Turn" specifically because the long line-ups to get into the Tim Horton's drive-thru line-up from the main drag often block the intersection. Now the Timmie's addicts are free to wait in even longer lines unmolested.

I don't buy much take-out coffee (huge waste of money if you do it on a regular basis), but I try to do so elsewhere.

What ever happened to this neat invention called a "Thermos"?

Wait, there's a law that says you can't be on a road waiting to get in to a parking lot? This isn't the fault of the cop or anyone waiting in line, it's the fault of tim hortons (or country style / whoever) and their responsibility to handle their own traffic imo. They obviously purchased land too small for the drive-thru and should be held responsible.

Yes, there is a law. You can't block traffic. This is blocking one lane of the trans canada highway. But there are others around town, on 2 lane streets, one each way, where people are lined down the street and you have to drive in the oncoming lane to get past them.

So why don't you take a picture today? or was it because the cop was in line? I bet you would be the first one to complain that a cop was giving out tickets to people getting coffee and that they don't have nothing better to do then get real criminals? think about it, your wait inside would be real long...... Dara I am not attacking you I just hate it when people "go after cops" they are just like the rest of the world. The reason they parked at the back of the building is because of people who take pictures and post them on the internet. Can't people just leave them alone for 15 minutes before they get dispatched to their next call.... that could be their last?????

I would commend them for handing out tickets to the people blocking traffic. My point was it was the cop blocking traffic, breaking the law he is hired to enforce.

1) I'm convinced there is something in Canada's favourite coffee (perhaps even added intentionally) that is addictive other than just the caffeinne.

2) The line-ups at drive-thru for coffee shops and restaurants is a testament to just how lazy our society is becoming.

Hey, I knew the guy second from the end of the line when I went in. There was a car behind him on the street, really blocking traffic. I said something to him about it. I went in, got my coffee, and came out. He was still 3rd from being served. I waved goodbye and jumped into my truck. Thats when I saw the cop blocking traffic. :rolleyes:

yep, It takes longer to sit in line that to walk inside, but everybody is in a hurry

Driving home from work I end up driving behind a trailer carrying two TO police horses.

The nice officers pulled the trailer to the middle of the street (left turn lane) put on the flashers, passenger cop gets out and goes across the street to get Timmies (trailer wouldn't fit drive through) as traffic was stopped I was going to ask him if the horses were getting anything, but decided not to press my luck! :o

I've always felt that tim hortons should consider restricting drive-thrus to only coffee (and maybe donuts/muffins). Any sandwich, combos, etc. should be purchased inside. Whenever I need to buy a sandwich I always go in, I know how frustrating it is for the guy behind me to have to wait the extra 30-45sec for me to get my meal. Not only that the lineup quickly increases.

I've always felt that tim hortons should consider restricting drive-thrus to only coffee (and maybe donuts/muffins). Any sandwich, combos, etc. should be purchased inside. Whenever I need to buy a sandwich I always go in, I know how frustrating it is for the guy behind me to have to wait the extra 30-45sec for me to get my meal. Not only that the lineup quickly increases.

could not agree more!