Simcoe smallmouth today

Cudz

Woke up at 3 am and was fishing by 4. The night bite was not on at all but it felt like late Oct with the temperature hovering around 5 or 6 degrees. Fish have moved already. Had only 2 blowups. Decided to try something else and moved to spot 2. Managed a 3+pounder and then trolled with the dollarama outfit (could not cast it well but that is for another thread).

Onto spot 3 nothing. Now it is 11 am and I have 3 fish only and two of them are dinks. Just when you think you have Simcoe figured out she throws a curve ball. Onto spot 4. Almost noon. In a matter of 30 minutes I manage two fish over 4 pounds, a 2.5 pounder and lose 2 other pigs both around 4 pounds and one at the boat after a failed net job!

Should have stayed in bed until 10 am and gone directly to spot #4. haha.

Here are some pics that include 2 fat 4+ pound smallies (one is 4.40 pounds)

coldaug1.jpg

coldaug2.jpg

coldaug3.jpg

coldaug4.jpg

Man those are some beauties B) Football size :w00t:

Great job Chris :thumbsup_anim: Keep up the great work :clapping:

I really thought you were going to say that you switch lures and give...... little...... well maybe you tried it and may be not <_<

Again great job Chris on those hawgs!!!

Leechman

Nice ones...But are you perhaps trying to make them appear larger by the low camera angle...?

Not trying to do anything. I fish the front of the boat on a platform and my buddy fishes the back and sits down.

First fish 3.75 pounds

Second fish 4.2 pounds

Third fish 4.4 pounds

fourth fish 2.57 pounds.

You tell me. Is that how big they look?

Edited by Cudz

Man those are some beauties B) Football size :w00t:

Great job Chris :thumbsup_anim: Keep up the great work :clapping:

I really thought you were going to say that you switch lures and give...... little...... well maybe you tried it and may be not <_<

Again great job Chris on those hawgs!!!

Leechman

I tried it today. At first it was runing on the side a bit but I just straightened the pull ring a bit and it ran true (i didn't change the lure at all just straightened the eye.) I gave it a good shot and I will try it again soon. The problem is that I tried it in a spot today that wasn't producing. I will give it another shot very soon Jacques. Tomorrow I am taking my kids out for a tube ride and I have a spot where I take them that I have a real shot at a fish.

I tried it today. At first it was runing on the side a bit but I just straightened the pull ring a bit and it ran true (i didn't change the lure at all just straightened the eye.) I gave it a good shot and I will try it again soon. The problem is that I tried it in a spot today that wasn't producing. I will give it another shot very soon Jacques. Tomorrow I am taking my kids out for a tube ride and I have a spot where I take them that I have a real shot at a fish.

Right on Chris!!! Next time, try to slow down the retrieve.... I found by doing this it would go deeper and run smoother.

Will be keeping an eye out for your next report B)

Jacques

Right on Chris!!! Next time, try to slow down the retrieve.... I found by doing this it would go deeper and run smoother.

Will be keeping an eye out for your next report B)

Jacques

I was running it slow. It was working fine in the end the problem was I was in almost 15ft of water and it couldn't get down. I need to throw in about 6-10 ft. Not my boat today but tomorrow I will take my boat. I was actually impressed with the wiggle. IT moved more than I thought it would.

Those are some nice ones Cudz! Were any caught on your Dollarama gear?

see dollarama post Jon.

Did you get out today?

4.40 I laughed and so JT. I guessed it was 4.6 as well but I was wrong. JT fell in the water off the boat today as well. I will explain later.