Fishing on Pigeon Lake Aug. 28th

ehg

Hi, haven't done a fishing report since back in March, simply because i haven't fished.

Yesterday a surprise opportunity came up, so a fishing we went. Didn't really seem to promising since the winds and weather (and moon phase) were not in sync but i sure was happy to get on the lake anyways.

Arrived at destination just before noon so mostly having to fish in mid-day didn't seem right either.

Luckily the east winds made our favorite locations calm and wave free so we could throw topwaters for bass all day instead of just early morning or evening.

First cast of day and i missed a big bass could only hope for better. Kept at the topwaters and we nailed lots of bass, they seemed to be on the bite.

Caught quite a few smallies this size

IMG_0012-4.jpg

Caught some largemouth similar size

IMG_0016-3.jpg

Caught a few rock bass and even a perch on these topwaters

IMG_0025.jpg

Decided to give the topwaters a rest and relax and troll some muskies.

After about a half hour of trolling and nearly falling asleep, Dave shouts "I got one!".

So off goes the engine and the reeling starts. We were trolling over the deepest part of the lake and as a result lots of line was out. After some jumps and thrashing near the boat finally the fish is landed.

IMG_0018-3.jpg

The fish wasn't weighed or measured but i guess it was 37-40 inch and kind of chunky.

So we kept trolling for a bit until we passed one of my favorite spots.

I thought throwing topwaters at this spot at 4 in the afternoon was cool since we were there anyways.

Turned out to be not a bad idea, ended up quickly catching this bass.

IMG_0021-3.jpg

Ended up measuring length at 21.75 inches but not weighing but i guess around 6 lbs.

What a big chunk of bass it was!

Did take a pic for entry in OFC tourney as well.

So instead of a drizzly cool day in Toronto got out for a decent day of fishing not to far away.

Cheers,

ehg

Thanks for replies!

This was a last minute trip with no real expectations, so to have fish hitting topwaters all day was a treat.

Unfortunately my buddy lost his perch jointed Grandma lure to zebra mussels shortly after that musky, must had been made 20 yrs. ago.

That was one of largest smallies of my life. Have caught a couple of others over 6lbs at same spot over last couple of decades. All were caught in last week of August. The picture turned out pretty good of that big smallmouth.

• 2 weeks later...