August on the West Arm

John

Well, I am a couple of weeks late but we'll all get over it, I'm sure.

Barbara and I and our grandson Brent spent a great week on the West Arm, West Bay actually, at Memquisit Lodge with Lew, Diane and daughter Sherri, Pete (Squid) and his wife Sue, Jim, Susan, Corey and Ben from Misty Cove fame and a member of our Southern buddies Dustin (Bubba). We probably picked the best week of the summer so far, weather wise.

Barbara & I met Bubba at BPS bright and early, well it was early and Barbara & I were pretty bright but Bubba was showing the weary signs of a straight through drive from Tennessee. Figured we had better get some calories into him so we stopped for breakfast, gas and then headed up 69.

Memquisit is a nice place, view across the water from our cabin was second to none. Most of the cabins are boat to, meaning you need to load your stuff for the week in the boat at the dock and then unload at the cabin. Lugging the stuff up the rocks gets the heart rate up for sure.

Fishing was great, catching was tough most of the week. Even the typical 20"-30" Nipissing pike were not co-operating. The odd day would bring the odd Walleye and smallie, but the elusive West Arm Muskie.........not even a follow or a swirl. Until, later in the week they seemed to turn on a little. Still nothing like I have seen it, but I got a 39", Pete got a 49" and Jim got I believe a 44".

Wonderful time with great people. Have booked for next year already...

th_DSCF0692.jpg

DSCF0649.jpg

DSCF0657.jpg

DSCF0667.jpg

DSCF0668.jpg

DSCF0675.jpg

DSCF0677.jpg

DSCF0679.jpg

DSCF0687.jpg

DSCF0688.jpg

DSCF0696.jpg

DSCF0702.jpg

DSCF0703.jpg

DSCF0704.jpg

DSCF0705.jpg

DSCF0706.jpg

DSCF0708-1.jpg

DSCF0711.jpg

DSCF0721.jpg

DSCF0729.jpg

Beauty John ! Wish we could have dropped down for a day.

Now were'd you find Lew's slithering friend....

He was our cabin mate for the week Wayne. We were on a rocky point just across a small bay from the others. There were 4 of them that laid on the rocks most of the day, but he was the daddy. Brent was feeding them night crawlers........