Weather watches

misfish

Hope those in the areas are safe.

It,s crazy out there right now.

Tornado in Durham and it,s been said one in Newmarket.

Watch the skys folks.

Were getting hammered with down pours and light,n.Tornado warnings from owen sound and midland to north bay.

Edited by misfish

Weather Warnings

Ontario

Severe thunderstorm warning for Barrie - Orillia - Midland

Tornado watch for Barrie - Orillia - Midland

Severe thunderstorm warning for City of Hamilton

Tornado watch for City of Hamilton

Severe thunderstorm watch for City of Toronto

Severe thunderstorm warning for Dufferin - Innisfil

Severe thunderstorm watch for Dufferin - Innisfil

Severe thunderstorm watch for Dunnville - Caledonia - Haldimand

Severe thunderstorm warning for Elgin

Severe thunderstorm watch for Elgin

Severe thunderstorm warning for Grey - Bruce

Severe thunderstorm watch for Grey - Bruce

Severe thunderstorm warning for Halton - Peel

Severe thunderstorm watch for Halton - Peel

Severe thunderstorm warning for Huron - Perth

Severe thunderstorm watch for Huron - Perth

Severe thunderstorm warning for London - Middlesex

Severe thunderstorm watch for London - Middlesex

Tornado watch for Niagara

Tornado warning for North Bay - West Nipissing

Severe thunderstorm warning for Oxford - Brant

Tornado watch for Oxford - Brant

Severe thunderstorm warning for Parry Sound - Muskoka - Huntsville

Tornado watch for Peterborough - Kawartha Lakes

Severe thunderstorm warning for Simcoe - Delhi - Norfolk

Tornado watch for Simcoe - Delhi - Norfolk

Severe thunderstorm warning for Waterloo - Wellington

Tornado watch for Waterloo - Wellington

Tornado warning for York - Durham

Tornado watch for York - Durham

Hope those in the areas are safe.

It,s crazy out there right now.

Tornado in Durham and it,s been said one in Newmarket.

Watch the skys folks.

Were getting hammered with down pours and light,n.Tornado warnings from owen sound and midland to north bay.

I just drove by the sight in Vaughan where one touched down...quite abit of damage.

Yeah, I just heard that 2 funnels were spotted from #7 and 400. Lots of power outages. Stay safe and stay inside. If you have emergency gear, get it ready just in case. It's headed my way. No wind or rain here at the moment but ominous skies.

Yeah, I just heard that 2 funnels were spotted from #7 and 400. Lots of power outages. Stay safe and stay inside. If you have emergency gear, get it ready just in case. It's headed my way. No wind or rain here at the moment but ominous skies.

Roy hope this helps.

Quebec

Severe thunderstorm watch for Pontiac

Severe thunderstorm watch for Témiscamingue

Yep, we had one not too far from here. I was out with my mom and I had to pull the car over and wait it out. Wind and rain and lightening - Crazy!!!

Mom's apartment had no power when we got back so I had to help her carry her groceries up 10 flights and then light some candles. All the street lights were out and a street close to here was blocked off and there were cop cars everywhere.

Paul's at work so have no idea how he made out. Works in Vaughan and was also close to where the tornado touched down. No answer on the phone so they are probably on the fritz.

Hope everyone else is okay.

Joey

Edited by Joey

We just came through a tornado warning. It was scary. A friend saw a waterspout from her condo in North Bay. She's on the top (7th) floor and can see the lake. She gave us a call, as she said it looked like it was heading our way.

We had already seen the warning on the internet and had opened the trap to the crawl space and had some stuff handy. We watched the lake (we look East toward North Bay) and were ready to jump down in the crawl space at a moment's notice. We didn't see a waterspout or funnel cloud, though, maybe because of the poor visibility.

It was stressful just the same. We had water, blankets, a flashlight, the laptop, external hard drive (both with lots of family photos on them), wallet and purse, cell phone, all set to pull down into the crawl space, and we made sure we were dressed in long pants and had jackets on, even though it was warm.

Environment Canada in its warnings says "take necessary precautions". It doesn't, however, mention what those precautions should be. This is not something we have any experience of.

Thank God nothing developed, even though some dirty-looking clouds headed our way.

Attached - a bulletin from the North Bay Nugget on line site... maybe the funnel our friend saw...

t_warning.JPG

Edited by Jocko

I live in Woodbridge which got hit hard. I was at the gym with a buddy and I here him say "silv what is that?" I look over and I see a huge tornado not far away. I grabbed him and headed towards my house, once we got home another one touched down 5 blocks away from us. this one tore up my friends grandmother, aunts, and 2 of my friends houses. I must say I am grateful to be alive... I look at my street and it looks like nothing happened I walk over 5 blocks and a total of 7 houses are torn to there basements. the main areas I know of with big damage are martin grove and hwy7, Forrest ave and Woodbridge ave, Islington and langstaff, islington and Rutherford, and Rutherford and 400. its was pretty cool to see but man was I ever scared especially when you see a car flipped over wrapped around a poll.

here’s frottage of one or many that touched in my area.

Yeah wow whata night, I went over to BPS to pick up a few leaders for the weekend and ended up spending 80 buck....doh!!! anywho I heard a bit of thunder outside...just another summer storm right? something felt weird about it it wasnt particularly dark....not like a few weeks ago anyway... but there was an odd calmness at times inbetween downpours... I got into my car and turned onto a very busy jane st.

Crawling along finally getting to the major mac lights and i looked to my left and theres this oddly pointy cloud behind the trees lining wonderland....it was one of those "hey that looks like a tornado but probably isnt one...right?" kinda situations...i rolled down my window and looked up and saw the clouds were all spiralling inwards to that suspect cloud and upon closer inspection you could really see the rotation in that cloud that was indeed the funnel forming. stuck in traffic...tornado comin at you...what do you do? i certainly wasnt going to be THAT guy to run from his car first when im not even positive if what im seeing is real (you just dont expect to see such a thing lol). nobody around me even seemed to notice what was going on. the light turned green and i sped out of there towards the farm lands of jane back to king city...

one oddity i noticed was that while driving away the wind wasnt blowing in my car with the windows rolled down...it was being sucked out. i suppose that was the beginning of the events that transpired afterwards. not something you hope/expect to see in such a populated area....

ill remember this day for a while.

Wow, we got off easy in the Kawarthas I guess. The front passed through in less than an hour, lotsa lightning, lotsa rain but very little wind. We didn't even lose our power.

Amazing the damage elsewhere. I hope everyone is safe and sound.