family trip and some musky action

Handlebarz

Well it has been a long time coming for the family trip but was well worth the wait. we headed to a lake in the Kawarthas and had a blast there I must say that this was the most fun and best weather we have had for a trip in many years my daughter brought a friend and that helped to keep them busy as well as my son as the girls would let him tag along.Any way we went there for fishing and a little relaxing and we did both well after we took care of my son as his luck would have it he found the wasp nest and got stung right on the lip he was not bugging them just playing with the tennis racket and swatted at one well that one won that battle but we sprayed the nest at night and took it down and burnt it in the fire.

IMG_5490.jpg

IMG_5491.jpg

He was better then next day and was ready to go fishing and have the fun we went there for.The day started wit ha great sun rise

IMG_5499.jpg

and the wife with a monster pickerel have a look at the teeth on this thing

IMG_5513.jpg

Me with a monster bass well I think this is how I am supposed to take the picture

IMG_5511.jpg

The kids wanted to get a tube this year so I picked one up for the trip what a fun time they had on it

IMG_5518.jpg

Well there goes one day the next we got out for some pickerel fishing and pan fish but for some reason we never took any pics of them I dont know why maybe we were having to much fun to care about the pics but that night I headed out this was Monday before the full moon I was now able top chase musky and hoped to get a nice big girl from the lake I hooked into one that gave me a great battle it was staying at teh bottom and would not some up I could feel it thrashing the bottom and rocks then came off I know she was a big one but lucky she came off as the florocarbon leader was almost toast after the beating she did on them rocks down there I do know where she lives and will meet up with here again. about a hour later I did get a nice looking 40 1/5" in a different area that I had not fished before after a short scrap and pic off it went I found out later that the kids messed with the camera and this is what a landscape shot looks like from my camera on a timer.

IMG_5525.jpg

No more musky that night but I did get some nice sun set pics and moon rise pics as I was trolling around

IMG_5579.jpg

IMG_5578.jpg

IMG_5600.jpg

IMG_5597.jpg

Well the next day there was a major storm that came through that morning I did manage a follow or two and some more pickerel and panfish but no musky I did however put teh wet day to use and painted a 10" jake with some spray bombs in a my version of Strawberry the cans had a touchy top button and it was hard to get a small spray but this is how it turned out it looked great in the water but no fish liked it.

IMG_5539.jpg

IMG_5558.jpg

IMG_5557.jpg

the same went for Wensday as the fishing was way off after the storm Thursday was better with some pickerel and others mixed in but the musky were still only following to the boat and that was it for the day but Friday would bring better things once again we got the pickerel and pan fish bass also but the musky would show as well I got one casting a sledge it was in the low 30" range I did not measure just a quick pic and off it went. I started to troll and found some big marks down low so I set up my rod to find out what was down there and sure enough I was lucky enough to have a very nice looking 48 1/4" come and take my bait 10" Jake

IMG_5623.jpg

IMG_5626.jpg

A couple shots of her as she swam around the surface before going home

IMG_5637.jpg

IMG_5633.jpg

That was it for the night but what a great way to end the day. The next day the girls wanted to get into some musky so off we went and found a 38" for my daughters friend it was her first musky and biggest fish ever

IMG_5645.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

later that night my daughter caught a 35" I am so proud of her as she needs no help to bring in the musky at 9 years old she has learned alot and suprised me with what she knows I guess she listens better then I do.

IMG_5699.jpg

about 30 min later another rod goes off the wife gets it out of the holder I was watching the rod double over and could here the reel screaming line off then nothing it was gone not 2 seconds after the down rod goes off but it was gone also I know both were fish as the lines were not out far and we were well off the bottom Oh well thats musky fishing that was it for the night but both girls were on the board with musky so they had fun back to camp we go for the last night of the holiday the girls want to stay up late but both want to fish in the am I let them know that I will be waking them at 6am it was all good for them until 6am came around only my daughter would get up she was very tired but like her old man wants to catch another musky so off we go in search of it we started by casting she has a top raider on but nothing going it has now started to rain so I set up the canopy and we troll 30 min in a line goes off I had the rod to her and she takes over from there counting down how close the fish is so I can get ready Oh yeah it started off wit hover 100' of line out as it was running good she boated this 37 1/4"

IMG_5724.jpg

IMG_5732.jpg

that was alot of fun I had to cut a couple hooks so she was driving when I was setting lines again 50 min later the other rod goes off and its a nice 38" again its all her we boat it take the pics and call it a trip nothing better then ending the trip with my little girl and best fishing partner.

IMG_5734.jpg

IMG_5743.jpg

IMG_5745.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

What a great report Mike. You daughter is a great fisherman that's for sure. Good for her :thumbsup_anim:

Looks like the kids had a great time fishing and tubing, well except for your poor boy and the wasp incident, but I bet he felt better burning the nest.

Great pictures, even the landscape musky :lol:

Joey