Don't Drink & Boat

diggyj

Always gotta have a DD!

I'm sure they are nice people...but they sound like a bunch of idiots...

Just sounds like your typical 20 somethings.

I know I thought I was invincible at that age.

I can guarantee that they just grew up in a hurry and will likely never drink and drive again.

I can guarantee that they just grew up in a hurry and will likely never drink and drive again.

OPP have charged Christopher Dias, 44, of Oshawa with three counts of impaired operation of a vessel causing bodily harm and other offences. He is scheduled to appear in court in Cobourg Sept. 9.

how does that (arm in the prop) even happen?

Well the men where thrown from the boat during a corner so the driver probably didn't have a kill switch attached and the boat did circles aruond them. Was only a matter of time before the boat woulda ran over them

20's people are not the only ones who drink and drive boats. I bet the older guys do it more than they do, as not many 20 year olds can even afford a boat. Sure alcohol is a major factor to consider here, but that is not to say that this exact scenario couldn't of happened if they were sober. Anything can happen out there.

It happened at 3:00 am in the pitch dark in an old Ranger with a 150HP at 55 MPH . The driver only own the boat for a couple of months and used it a total of 2 times before the accident. I watched as the driver was arrested after blowing over 3 times the limit. Two of the younger boys returned to New York with very serious injuries. The other local injured man is in Sunnybrook under going his second operation to try and save his arm.

The driver was arrested at 3:30 am and was back in camp by 9:00 am having coffee sitting on his deck. The OPP was still there reconstructing the crime scene on the boat.

Some things are just wrong on so many levels.

Also the Chex tv news reports are wrong, they were not fishing. They were joy riding with a man who was drinking all day and night.

I hope every thing works out for all the injured and the driver gets what he deserves.

Don't drink and drive

Sometimes a real deep V will bite in and flip and some boats will skip when turned too tight.

Most likely some body was caught by surprise at the tight turn and someone grabbed for him and so on.

Have a buddy that was run over by his own boat... he was riding on the bow (someone else was operating the boat) when the universals in the out drive broke. The boat slowed so fast that he was thrown in front of it.

He said he headed for the bottom as soon as he hit the water cause he knew he would be run over. Not a scratch on him. Boat was about 24'er.

He said he headed for the bottom as soon as he hit the water cause he knew he would be run over. Not a scratch on him. Boat was about 24'er.

I bet your buddy hadn't been pounding beers all day!

lol.. sounds like the typical rantings of a middle aged man.. Dude was 44!

Age does not correlate with common sense....young and old SHOULD be aware of this, but most aren't.

How do you define "most"?

I think the vast majority of people, young & old, are aware that bootin' around at 3 am in a very fast boat, with a very inexperienced driver who has been drinking all night, may not be a very good idea.

Unfortunately, the effects of alcohol are univeral.