Bass patterns this year ?

Lunker777

Hey everyone

The bite has been tough so far for bassin....

Anyone found any patterns working for them so far ???

As usually the top water bite at night worked for us friday night.... saturday the morning bite was on for a bit and then it seemed like everything shut down after wards.

We tried everything, spinners, frogs, buzzbaits, flippin jigs, worms, crankbatis, drop shots hahah NOTHING !

anyone having success this year so far ?

Guest skeeter99
Bigger bass are still deep. Temps are still low

very much disagree, you have to ge reallllllyyyy shallow

the larger bass are in 6 inches of water, very deep in cover I mean real deep

if you can get back into the thickets go even further even I was suprised how buried the big biys were in it

very much disagree, you have to ge reallllllyyyy shallow

the larger bass are in 6 inches of water, very deep in cover I mean real deep

if you can get back into the thickets go even further even I was suprised how buried the big biys were in it

dont give it away :P

I'm also finding it a little slow so far this year. I've noticed that most of the fish I've caught have hit soon after the lure hits the water. It seems they'll hit if I land it right in front of them, but they don't seem willing to chase anything down. I suspect this is b/c the water is still a little cold.

All year all I've heard is people complaining about the weather every day or 2 it's changing, once we get some stable weather the bite will be on, my father & uncles have told me for 30 years if your going to fish for bass find 72 degree water and you'll find feeding bass, I've found them from 6" to 10' of water spinnerbaits, crankbaits & x-rap jerkbaits, river fish don't seem to be affected as much

Richard

Lat year the Senko's were killin' it for me, this year.. not so much. I think the waters still too cold.

same deal here.. opener i couldnt keep rock bass off the senko's.. this past sat. on the bog i didnt even get a sniff using senko's all morning.. switched up to a lizard for the last hr or so and had a bunch of them show themselves, didnt manage any in the boat but at least we say them...

One thing that happens every opener if the temps remain cold late into June is that the bigger fish will go off to the first drops in weedlines and sulk after the spawn. This usually lasts a couple of weeks before the majority get back into the mood to hammer baits. Some fish that are shallow or aggressive are early spawners and have gone through the recuperation stage necessary after the rigors of nesting...

Be patient and you'll get you big ones, if you can't wait, try fishing slow and a bit deeper...

JP

All fish to date have been in 1- 8 feet of water with most in the 4' range.

best early season I can remember for me.

mid lake humps have been excellent , deeper weedlines not.

edges of reeds have also produced

senkos,perch coloured cranks and smoke tubes have ruled .nothing on top water, or spinner baits .

TB

Hey guys, I am new to fishing and this forum. I have a few questions. What sets the senko worm apart from other artificial worms? Does the senko worm come in only one colour? Where can I buy them? Is the texas rig the best way to fish senko's?

Thanks guys, and sorry if these questions are trivial or redundant.

most guys refer to any plastic worm as a Senko (like Kleenex ,Skidoo etc.)

Bass pro makes a decent worm I prefer the StrikeKings .

depending on type of fishing Texas rigged or wacky ( hook thru centre of worm , ends dangling) are my two typical set ups.

Texas rigged can be weightless or on a belly weighted hook.

tb

most guys refer to any plastic worm as a Senko (like Kleenex ,Skidoo etc.)

I agree 100%. Senko has become a catch-all name for the ribbed, symmetrically tapered worm.

I used YUM Dingers last year (and will again if I ever get out for bass this year) and loved how they produced.

Jim

I agree 100%. Senko has become a catch-all name for the ribbed, symmetrically tapered worm.

I used YUM Dingers last year (and will again if I ever get out for bass this year) and loved how they produced.

Jim

I agree with Yum, very good company and they seem t make a cheaper effective dinger.