An OFNC / Lakair Thank You

Spiel

I'd just like to take a moment to pass along a heartfelt thank you the many good folks who made our 8th annual gathering another great success.

First to the generous folks who made the annual pike derby prize table a doozy!

• GV Snowshoes
  • Spring Fishing and Boat Show
  • Fishing World (Hamitlon)
  • Lambeth Rod and Tackle (London)
  • JP DeRose
  • Teal Paddles
  • Benson Auto Parts (Randy from Sturgeon)
  • Of special note BITME.esq who generously donated the survival suit.

- All members who also gave of themselves to add to the prize table and the dinner table, thank you.

- Thanks to TJ, John and Chris for cleaning up all those pike, marvellous job.

- Thanks to the Batter Girls for getting the job done and TJ for cooking 'em to perfection, again.

- Thanks ChrisK for being a great partner for the weekend.

- A big thanks to Kevin and Leslie and all their staff for ensuring all our needs were looked after.

• A big round of applause to TJ and Monique for all their hard work in pulling together another terrific weekend and for all they donated of themselves, prize wise and time wise. :worthy:

• For all our good friends who could not make it this year, you were very much missed, don't let it happen again!

Thanks to all the big winners in the derby who didn't take this lure of the table before I got to it. :D And thanks to John who donated it to the prize table. :thumbsup_anim:

med_gallery_9_87_12533.jpg

That's a 23" handle behind the lure, guess I'll be needing to build a bigger rod. :w00t:

Finally thank you to all the folks who travelled from far and near, it's you who make it a great weekend year after year.

I hope I didn't forget anyone? :dunno:

Good post Spiel. It's good for all of us to pay thanks to the many to contribute to a very fine prize table and to all those who make it all happen. Good times that I'm glad to be a part of.

Question: Any thoughts if we'll keep it as the fourth Satuday or back to the third for next year ?

I think its an annual g2g that has a lot of loyal attendees... that being said, g2g's happen all the time, like the fall ones, there's no reason why an additional on couldn't be arranged in the summer down south somewhere.

I think also that alot of people who have been coming to this particluar g2g have learned some spots and are having success. If we moved it every time it would be difficult to get enough fish for the fry.

Like the quinte g2g, if someone wants to try and put one together closer to the gta, thats fine by me.