A wake up call-too close to home (NF)

markiemark70

I got this email from my best friend last night. I have known this guy for 13 years, and trust me neither he nor I are into anything like drugs or even drinking, so obviously this was mistaken identity, but this happened 5 minutes from my house in Milton:

"I had a hell of a night last night. At 12:30 am I was woken up by someone knocking at my door, I got up and looked out the peep hole and saw a teenage girl standing on the other side. When I opened the door 2 black guys pushed her out of the way and tried to get in. I fought to close the door and almost did but they got in. As I was fighting with them inside the door 1 of them pulled out his gun and I stopped fighting. They were looking for drugs and money, someone had told them where to find it but they were on the wrong floor. When I told them I didn't have any they didn't like my answer and pistol whipped me. Then they tied me up, threw a blanket over me and ransacked my apartment. They left, I got free and called 911. I spent the night at ER and 12 Division. It took 5 stiches to put my lip back together and I have a few abrasions and contusions."

Has the whole world gone to hell or what?

Thats why I hated living in London.... Im a small city guy and I had one of my buddies have the same thing happen to him... busted in his place, stabbed him and did what they had to do and left. I heard plenty of stories of guys jumpin people walkin around the college late at night for no reason.

It just seems people in big cities have nothing better to do sometimes. Its a crazy world.

I dont think I've heard anything like this happen in Chatham... yet.

Hope your buddies ok and they find the guys ! GUTLESS... all there is to it !

I guess its all a matter of perspective:I was born in TO, spent most of my life in Mississauga, and when my wife & I moved to Milton 2 years ago we felt like we were moving to a small town (at least I did, she is from a farm town of 2100). It's crazy to think of this happening here, but I guess we need to move further out to get away from that crap. He said they were just a couple of kids too, maybe 18-20.

when i lived in oakville i came home from work one saturday afternoon to 4 guys standing out front of my house, and 4 guys wandering around inside. they were looking for the 2 plasma tvs and 2 laptops that were stolen from him the night before. what apparently happened was the guy got ripped off for a bunch of crack, beat the person who ripped him off, then they came back and stole his stuff. then he was told someone had brought it to my place.

I heard this story, 4th time now, same set-up.. but the guys we're white no masks either. wouldnt happen in texas! even grandma's pak'n

I heard she was Grampa till she shot her own n.... never mind. I can't say that here, can I?

JF

I guess its all a matter of perspective:I was born in TO, spent most of my life in Mississauga, and when my wife & I moved to Milton 2 years ago we felt like we were moving to a small town (at least I did, she is from a farm town of 2100). It's crazy to think of this happening here, but I guess we need to move further out to get away from that crap. He said they were just a couple of kids too, maybe 18-20.

I can't believe what has happened to Milton over the past 5 or so years Mark. Fastest growing town/city in Canada. Unfortunately, that amazing growth brings problems.

We had a home invasion in the apartment beside us last September.

They pistol whipped an older woman and even shot their gun off for effect.

Scary stuff man.

Sorry this happened.

If it happens to anyone don't open your door and call the police Asap.

Moving to the bush.

Kenny G. :D