OK I admit it ...

camillj

Well,

It just struck me that I didnt share one of man's (or woman's) rarest moments with my OFC gentry ... and no this didnt involve swedish twins

On Friday June 12th

- just 4 days before my 48th birthday, the same day that Pittsburg won the Stanley cup and just one day before Michelle Wie got her first professional hole in one in the LPGA Championship -

I got my very first ever hole in one (after over 35 years of serious golfing) ... for those of you who need the details - I will be happy to PM you the GPS coordinates ;)

Mine was a 6 iron from 169 yds (blue tees) on the 5th hole at Blue Springs golf course in Acton. Never actually saw it going into the hole as the pin was tucked behind a bunker ... but one of the other guys in the group did ... I didnt believe him until I got up to the green and saw for myself :)

Edited by camillj

Well .. as a member ... every game is free (or at least it feels that way after you pay all your dues) ... and as is the custom ... everyone ELSE drinks for free ... that's what hole-in-one insurance is for ... so after all these years I guess it finally paid for itself :)

Edited by camillj

I drained one once with the 9 iron from over 100 yards,but never a hole in one.......off the tee. Ive put a couple REALLY close off the tee, and thats a GOOD feeling.........with lots of par 3 course play involved mind you lol. I cant imagine droppin one off the teebox. Its too bad you didnt get to see it go Kurplunkittyplunkittyplunkitty.

CONGRATULATIONS........Could be another 35 years before you see that again

Ya, but have you thrown a ton - 80 at darts, huh, HUH??? (I have, once)

I worked my way down to a 13.7 before giving the game up for the sake of my mental health (golf not darts).

I have to golf well to enjoy it and that wasn't happening enough. Fishing on the other hand, is enjoyable whether I catch fish or not (plus the people on the golf chat forums are complete dicks)

Jim

(congratulations on quite an accomplishment)

Congrets,

I've only witnesses an Ace on a par 3 coarse, on a 140 yard hole. I don't think those should count as a true hole in one. You have 18 chances to get an Ace, all in one game.

You have 18 chances to get an Ace, all in one game.

As long as all 18 holes played are different holes......it dont matter. Does that mean if you hit the fairway off the tee once in a round, (yes ive had one of those days, ok, more than one) that doesnt count cuz you drive from the tee all day lol.

I like to think I am pretty good ... but I know I'll never be good enough :)

Golf is a very humbling game .. especially if you take it seriously ... and I do ... but much like fishing it only takes a little good news to make your whole day and bring you back for next time ... (I guess like alot of things - its really about what you put into it and what you expect to get out of it)

CONGRATS !!!! I have never got an ace and have only been with one guy who has. I took a chunk of plastic out of a cup once and the ball sat about 1 inch away but no luck. I have made a 2 on a par 5, holed a 3 wood from 240.

but much like fishing it only takes a little good news to make your whole day and bring you back for next time ...

Couldnt be more true.........there have been many a round that midway, i am ready to give up the game, and have sworn (mumbling under my breath) that i am done paying so much money to be so miserable LOL.......only to finish with a couple good shots that have me at the #1 tee box the following weekend.

GOLF- The game i LOVE to HATE

CONGRATS !!!! I have never got an ace and have only been with one guy who has. I took a chunk of plastic out of a cup once and the ball sat about 1 inch away but no luck. I have made a 2 on a par 5, holed a 3 wood from 240.

May not have the allure of a hole in one, but that is incredible! I don't think I know anyone who has done that.

As a golfer, I have up years and down years in terms of number of rounds played, but I always love to get out there. I can hit the ball pretty well I think, but just don't score too well, but not too poorly either. Golf is one of those addictive games that, if you have the right mindset you always want more weather you play great or poorly.

I have never seen a hole in one, but have a few friends who have them to their names. One fellow has 2 already and he's only 27! I have another friend who manage 2 par-4 eagles in one round, both on the back nine actually!

Congrats on the hole in one in any event, its something you'll never forget! Is blue springs part of golfnorth? A few years ago I worked in the proshop at Calerin, in Erin On. Great little nine hole course designed by Doug Carrick, played pretty differently from whites vs blue tees. When I was there the course was terribly mismanaged but would love to head back. Great summer job, work in the mornings, golf in the afternoon and I could choose from about 12 different courses to play at no cost!

Congrats on the ACE. I golfed today for the first time in over 10 years. Kept looking at the water hazards and wishing I brought my rod along. The wife is really into golf and has been bugging me to go with her. She spanked me good on a local 9hole course along the Grand river. I did manage to birdie the last hole of the day and quickly announced my retirement from the sport. Gotta go out on top. I still like cracking off balls at the driving range but I never care where they land.