Lawnmower question

HTHM

I have a 4 stroke lawnmower that runs poorly. It will not stay at one speed,but rather revs up and then revs down and revs up and revs down. Is there an easy fix to this? Air filter is clean, fuel is fresh and I do not know much about carburators. So if it is a matter of turning a screw, let me know where the screw would most likely be located, please.

Thanks in advance.

Hmmmm, might have to change the handle to Hometownman, would you like me to look after it. ;)

Sorry I have no further advise. :whistling:

Dang it Jim, I'm a carpenter/plumber/landscaper/electrician not a mechanic! :wallbash::lol:

The screw will be on the carburator eh!!! :rolleyes:

There will probably be one or 7... but probably only one, turn the screw all the way in and back it out 1 1/2 turns... start your lawn mower and then slowly turn the screw in and out until you find the sweet spot where it runs the best.

You may want to install a new spark plug before you do anything.

Hope this doesn't help!!! :thumbsup_anim:

btw, the screw you're looking for will have a spring around it.

Edited by GCD

A lot of the newer mowers no longer have adjustable carbs other than the idle set speed screw. Most likely the problem is called put it away in the fall, forgetaboutit disease, then come spring it's expected to run like new. Either get the carb interior cleaned by someone who knows how, add a good shot of Seafoam to the gas and let it run a while. It removes the gum and varnish from the interior of the carb. Sparaying carb cleaner down the throat is mostly a complete wate of time and carb cleaner.

A lot of the newer mowers no longer have adjustable carbs other than the idle set speed screw. Most likely the problem is called put it away in the fall, forgetaboutit disease, then come spring it's expected to run like new. Either get the carb interior cleaned by someone who knows how, add a good shot of Seafoam to the gas and let it run a while. It removes the gum and varnish from the interior of the carb. Sparaying carb cleaner down the throat is mostly a complete wate of time and carb cleaner.

I think you have the diagnois there! :oops::wallbash:

Big Cliff is gonna get her running properly for me. And then I get a lecture on what I was doing wrong. Education is a good thing! Thanks Cliff! :clapping::thumbsup_anim: